Support VWWC

Page 220 of 240 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2392

Thread: The Official "I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf" Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDOG View Post
    Yeah, Dutch summed the PD issue up nicely.

On that note, I need to correct my B pillars. I've never been nervous polishing before but man they look risky! Piano-like risky!
    I'd love to know the process and whether I'm capable enough to do it.. because the bloody VW gloss pillars give me the ****s and mark up very easily. I know it can be done as Dan in Melbourne got my previous S3 pillars spotless.

Give me the Mazda matte finish any day..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Best to get the dealer to remove them I say - Call it part of the $2K+ delivery fee they would have charged somewhere.
    When they stuck their unwanted letters on my GTI a few years ago, they obliged no questions.
    Didn't have one this time on my new R just delivered as dealer stopped them a while ago however did forget to tell them no number plate surrounds adverts - found they scratch under the rear plate badly - removed at after only 100k's and already scratched!

I got my B pillars polished and wrapped in PPF at Affinesse in Clayton. Lovely people to deal with. Highly recommended.

The Official "I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf" Thread

I know it has been mentioned in the past but cannot remember, how do I track the location of my car that I have ordered?

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    Just landed a GTI CLUBSPORT/40YEARS , white , manual , low low kms ,like new .
    Love this car , magic drive .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Just landed a GTI CLUBSPORT/40YEARS , white , manual , low low kms ,like new .
    Love this car , magic drive .
    Awesome. The 40 Years in manual really appeals as a replacement for my R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag

New Alltrack

Hi Guys, long time lurker, first time poster!
    Just ordered my first new car which is a 2018 VW Golf Alltrack 132TSI. Will be an MY18.5 build. I'll get the car in June. I chose the Alltrack after test driving it back to back with a Highline Wagon fitted with the R-Line Pack. The Alltrack was a much superior drive with it being noticeably quieter, more powerful and I felt like I had more confidence when flogging it through the corners (AWD helped). After some haggling I managed to pick one up with all options for $44200. This went up to 44900 after adding in tinting (495 down from 695) and a bonnet protector (200). The dealer threw in black slime-line plates for free. The dealer in question was Berwick VW, can't recommend highly enough! If anyone has any questions, ask away.
    Tungsten Silver 2018 VW Golf Alltrack 132TSI Premium - All Options - Coming June 2018.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks , I just disconnected the sound aktor , so annoying in sport that fake sound , did the same on the mk6 .

Its certainly got some nice barking sound and plenty of oomph , not as quick as an R , very nimble on the go .

They had a choice of this or a carbon DSG , I still love the manual , so easy to use even in heavy traffic .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    I know it has been mentioned in the past but cannot remember, how do I track the location of my car that I have ordered?

Sent from my iPhone
    Did you manage to track your car? I assume you have the VIN number?

G'day everyone!

First time posting. There is going to be alot of text with bad engrish so if you are a gramma natzi please forgive me!

I have had my new Indium Grey Golf Gti 7.5 for 1 week now. Things to note: I purchased this car without test driving it and I only did a heap of youtubing(i know, im stupid)

I ordered it in Feb 2018 and got it mid March. It is a my18 build with all the options. I paid 51k Drive away(is this good?)
    I purchased from Paul wakeling Cambelltown VW, my dealer was David Pak and he looked after me very well and made it a very quick process.

This is my first hot hatch and I was cross shopping between the Type R, Ford Focus Rs and the i30n .
    I decided to go for the Golf Gti because it has the nicest and most comfortable interior out of that bunch and also DSG.
    At first I really wanted a manual but from personal experience in the past I owned a manual polo and there was times that I wished I had a auto during heavy traffic and tricky parking spots on hills. anywho.....

My first initial reaction of the car when I went to pick her up was "oh fuk! it doesnt come with the dynamic turn signals!"
    I didnt know that the dynamic lights only came in the new golf Rs :[ I was really looking forward to those >.<.
    My dealer said that it might become an option in 2-3 months but will cost $2k which I think is a dam ripoff considering that the info tainment package and driver assist is $1600 and $2300.
    My dealer said " sorry mate, i hope thats not a deal breaker" I laughed and said no but deep down I was so sad and felt stupid that I should have known better after all that researching I did before committing to the car.

While sitting in the car with the dealer showing me all the features and tech I was half paying attention because I was kinda in abit of shock that I just made a big purchase and I was not sure if i was in love with the car. </3

After all the paperwork and feeling numb I then drove of the lot and I thought to myself:
    "oh man..i should have got the manual.. ive made a mistake ! Actually maybe I should have got the type R or the ford focus RS!! WHAT HAVE I DONE! NoOoOoooo!!!!!!"

I had big buyers remorse on the quiet (and very comfortable)drive home... But once I did get home and let everything sink in. I stood in my garage on my own and just looked at the thing.
    I then came realize how awesome the indium grey colour is. I was tossing up between the grey and the dark iron blue but now I am glad I got the indium grey. It looks like a weapon!.
    I then went over the lines of the body,the overall shape and the little details. The super aggressive lights and front bar put a big grin on my face.

Over the next few days after driving and getting use to the car. It started to grow on me. I have now named it "The German"
    So how do I feel about "The German" after 1 tank of fuel?

The factory wheels look great in person. I originally had plans to upgrade the wheels asap but I am actually pretty happy with exactly how they are and dont mind leaving it like that for awhile.

Infotainment system and digital Dash? Pretty dam dope!!! But keep in mind. I am coming from a 2008 toyota Yaris so its a massive step up for me

Dyna-audio: WOW WOW WOW. Music sounds so dam good ! and that clever sub in the spare wheel in the boot is pretty dam decent and can give a good bass thump in your back if you crank her up.

The overall interior and seats are great I just wish it had abit more lumbar support. My favorite thing? THE STEERING WHEEL! omgg I cannot stop touching it and running my hands around it and touching that flat bottom with that amazing Not to thick and not to thin leather feel is so therapeutic for me.

-What do I think about the drive? I love how I can change the characteristics and feel of the cars suspension and steering weight. Genius!
    Its very punchy when you need it and such a smooth power band.
    The breaks do feel a little sensitive but I think its still wearing in.
    Ive only given it a light push to 4k rpm but dam its fast!. I dont plan to go any harder untill after the first service which is at 1500kms so I cannot wait to go for a spirited drive once shes broken in.

The adaptive cruise and lane assist is definitely worth it and has helped me with driver fatigue but I still only trust it %90. The auto break hold is fantastic at red lights. It just helps you regain your energy while driving .

-The exhaust. Reving to 4k rpm so far sounds a little bit like a wrx rumble. I dont mind the soundAktor but I would like to upgrade the exhaust,downpipe and add a apr intake and maybe a gfb diverter . A tune, obd or cobb is also on my mind but I need to do more research to figure out which one will be right for what i want.

TL;DR I Thought I purchased the wrong car for me but its now growing on me and I am falling more and more in love with the Golf Gti mk7.5 . I cannot wait to open her up more after the break in and some tunes and upgrades down the line

The Official &quot;I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf&quot; Thread-unnamed-jpg
    Last edited by Vietnamese_Koala; 22-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Page 220 of 240 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast