Page 216 of 240 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2392

Thread: The Official "I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Jealous that they covered yours, and only put a girly bow on mine.
    Covering something that looks as good as it does under that lighting shouldn't be covered, it's criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Jealous that they covered yours, and only put a girly bow on mine.
    At least you had something. I had nothing for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    At least you had something. I had nothing for mine.
    I specifically instructed my dealer to do nothing beyond removing the protective plastic coatings. No covers, no bows, not even a wash.

My aim was to take delivery of a car with no extra scratches or swirls inflicted by the dealer, and that's just what I got. This made the initial detailing so much easier and less invasive, and kept the clear coat that much thicker as a result. The dealer's workers were happy, as it was less work for them, so in my view that was a win/win.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by generiK View Post
    Any suggestions on how to remove dealer stickers from the paint, my dealership chucked their name right above the R on the back....
    Any pics of the offending sticker/s ?

A friend of mine recently bought a new Commodore SS, and some special stickers to apply.
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lf0AA...IG/s-l1600.jpg
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Day 2, got some cornering light error. Error went away overnight, but not a great start. Any suggestions on how to remove dealer stickers from the paint, my dealership chucked their name right above the R on the back....
    Our mutual dealership?
    I removed body and rear glass names...finger nails, 15 mins and little bit of lighter fluid to remove tiny amount of glue substance which stayed on glass.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

...... Any suggestions on how to remove dealer stickers from the paint, my dealership chucked their name right above the R on the back....
    Sometimes some gentle heat from a heat gun (or hair dryer) or even hot sunlight (readily available at the moment) can help loosen some adhesives (but don't go too hot).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Any suggestions on how to remove dealer stickers from the paint, my dealership chucked their name right above the R on the back....
    As per above, use hair-dryer to apply some gentle heat and soften the adhesive. Then use dental floss to cut thru the softened glue.
    HTH and YMMV

Can now justify posting a pic after a good wash have her just under a week! Looking forward to going for a cruise this weekend! Think I’m already regretting black The Official &quot;I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf&quot; Thread building site across the road produces a lot of dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by braddersnz View Post

Can now justify posting a pic after a good wash have her just under a week! Looking forward to going for a cruise this weekend! Think I’m already regretting black The Official &quot;I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf&quot; Thread building site across the road produces a lot of dust!

Looks mighty nice Brad, I have a cover for mine , heaps of dust from construction in my area, managed to wash and wax and keep it spotless for the past week and took mine out to a friends place for dinner... I was beaming with pride while he noticed and commented how nice the car looked. Black would have been awesome but my OCD would not be able to cope. Have fun on your cruise, hope you run her in good and proper mate.

Quote Originally Posted by slin View Post
    Looks mighty nice Brad, I have a cover for mine , heaps of dust from construction in my area, managed to wash and wax and keep it spotless for the past week and took mine out to a friends place for dinner... I was beaming with pride while he noticed and commented how nice the car looked. Black would have been awesome but my OCD would not be able to cope. Have fun on your cruise, hope you run her in good and proper mate.
    Have been thinking about getting a cover... it’s still our daily driver so is it a hassle to get on and off?

Had a good drive up in the hills The Official &quot;I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf&quot; Thread

Page 216 of 240 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast