Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Number Plates on the Mk7

Standard Vic number plates

Hi All,

Does anyone know how the standard issue fat Vic plates fit on the mk 7 GTI?
    I changed my plates today as I'm keeping my Euro Plates for my new R, the issue is that the screw holes don't fit for the standard issue plates.
    I have managed to have the front in by screwing in 2 screws on the top left and the rear plates by one screw on the top left.
    I need it more secure. Is there another bracket that can placed on top?

Thanks
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

This thread can be closed/deleted.
    My dealer has fitted the number plates and all sitting proper now

Users Country Flag

I attached both my front and rear plates with exterior grade self adhesive hook and loop from Bunnings. Has been there over a year including a number of ... errrm... "brisk" tests of wind resistance and no issues at all. The hook and loop (more like interlocking plastic than Velcro as such) provides some thickness as well as some shock resistance, so way superior to double sided tape for instance. Works a treat. No screws at all into the car. I have the Euro plates to fit the larger front mount point. Rear was no issue of course. I made sure both the car and plates where the tape would go were cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and viola!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011