Thread: Navigation SD Card not working ... advice appreciated

Users Country Flag

Question Navigation SD Card not working ... advice appreciated

Hi all .. after 8 mths I finally today received the SD card with the navigation maps etc that I should have received at time of delivery. I won't go into why it took so long, needless to say already i wasn't impressed.

Unfortunately, when inserting the SD card, after the system has detected the navigation base system the actual navigation interface throws an error .. something like "The navigation data in your infotainment system is invalid. Please check your data".

I've checked that the SD card is readable on my PC etc.

So .. just after some guidance from the community. Is there something the dealership had to do with the card prior to posting it to me? Is there possibly some incompatibilities between the version of the nav maps and the firmware on the system? I'm anticipating another glacial response .. so just wanting to see if there's anything I , or they may have overlooked or am I doomed to once again enter the realms of Volkswagen customer service : (

Version on the card is :
    5G0 919 866 G

System info:
    Device part number: 5G0035846A
    Hardware: 040
    Software: 0421

Thanks in advance.

Probably they gave you the wrong card — there seem to have been more than one and they're not interchangeable.

Or maybe they made a copy — you then get a message like that.
    Last edited by Idle; 20-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kRanki1 View Post
    Hi all .. after 8 mths I finally today received the SD card with the navigation maps etc that I should have received at time of delivery. I won't go into why it took so long, needless to say already i wasn't impressed.
    You really need to get the dealer to sort this for you, you paid for an SD card with the map software when you purchased your car (assuming discover nav fitted at factory) why on earth it took 8 months to get the card is beyond me.

To be honest I wouldn't even bother with the dealer, it is time to contact VW head office in Australia and Wolfsburg as it is beyond unacceptable.

I personally am getting seriously fed up with VW in NZ, they never follow up or return calls, do not keep their customers informed on orders which are delayed by 4 months past the maximum estimated time for delivery, scratched up the paint during PDI to showroom prep....overall crap and I'm getting slowly sick and tired of the lousey performance of VW down here.

Users Country Flag
    there are two different SD cards. V1 and V2... i saw it the other day...if you have a version 2 then get it changed for a version 1 or the other way around....that will fix your issue....VDUB...
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Users Country Flag
    Without going out to my car and checking the numbers, it seems you've been given a V1 card, but your vehicle needs a V2 card.

The V2 card came out around January or December? The cards aren't interchangeable, the V2 card didn't work with my 15 month old Golf.

Users Country Flag
    There is 2 versions of sd cards earlier models get the v1 and later models get later v2 I believe they are not compatible with each other so sounds like they've given you the wrong 1. The data is the same as there is no map updates yet and won't be for at least another 6-9 month get down to your dealer and get it sorted get a sd card out of a car on the lot

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

thanks all for your advice, I have a V2 card .. so it looks as though the V1 card is the goal. Cheers!