Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Multimedia unit - Radio station logos and album art

Quote Originally Posted by mattaus View Post
    Ralfi is rocking a GTI with MIB II and he's made no mention of higher res logos. So there is a chance it hasn't changed?

EDIT: Just updated mine. I didn't think to try a different resolution. Looks good enough to me for now!
    Yeah same - the existing logos created in here by the generous members looked good enough for me, so I just followed suit with my additions.

If anyone has any luck with higher res ones, let us know..
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag
    Thx for the pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    For those that live in Melbourne, you can download my radio logos file by clicking here and then clicking the "download" box on the upper RHS of the screen

Users Country Flag
    I just purchased my fully optioned Golf R MY16 DSG in early November 2015.
    I was disappointed to learn after buying the car I didn't have voice control but I've installed it (recommend this) and I will do some VDCS tricks such as enabling traffic reports, etc.
    I'm also using Neuspeed - big improvement to driveability.

I'm use a 128GB SD card for music (10,000 songs) and thousand's of pictures.

On Google Drive, I've made a public folder, VW Golf R.
    In the folder, I've put all the radio station artwork for Melbourne and some other stations.

I simply added the folder to my SD card and used it as the source to select the radio station art - voila! Worked perfectly without any problems.

Anyone that wants to download the files is welcome.
    Enjoy!
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...kIzYjFJUy1GV28

I'll add some more stuff later.

I've added a more comprehensive set of radio logos for Sydney and surrounding areas (from Wollongong to Newcastle) on a Google drive here. May not have all of them but definitely has some that I haven't seen in other people's uploads. Those marked with a T are transparent with no background and may work better for a consistent look.

Also - you don't need an SD card to load these - just use a thumb drive and plug it into the USB slot under the head unit.

Quote Originally Posted by rpwolf View Post
    I've added a more comprehensive set of radio logos for Sydney and surrounding areas (from Wollongong to Newcastle) on a Google drive here. May not have all of them but definitely has some that I haven't seen in other people's uploads. Those marked with a T are transparent with no background and may work better for a consistent look.

Also - you don't need an SD card to load these - just use a thumb drive and plug it into the USB slot under the head unit.
    Thanks very much! You guys are awesome!!

Users Country Flag
    Hi

Can you I get the Melbourne radio station logos

Users Country Flag
    acn i get the melbourne radio station logos

Users Country Flag
    Re the album art, I've noticed that even though some tracks don't have their own album art embedded in the ID3 tag, the HU still shows some random covers about them, although more generic ones like "Electronica", "Rock" etc. which does not always agree with the track that is playing. Must have some default covers which assigns to empty tracks when it thinks it's right to do so (others just play completely empty).

PS. And while I'm at it, is it possible to search through the SD card's library? (Discover Pro) I have thrown in a 128gb SD and naturally, it is a bit of a PITA to quickly locate what you want to listen to sometimes.
    Last edited by ringo; 12-09-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Users Country Flag

Big Set of transparent Sydney AM / FM radio station logos - tested on my MK7 MIB 2

Hi All

This is my first post, Day 3 for my MK7 GTI

Forgive me if I got this post in the wrong place

When setting up the radio for Sydney, I did a search for all the stations I could find and created transparent logo's for the Golf.

There are 33 files here with some stations have a few different logo's

I have tested these on the car and they all look good (Transparent icons have the same white wave background from the MIB II)

Enjoy

Download them from my OneDrive share

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnLn3JKvhegGh5ZMEYK2jpk8QuIIIA

Users Country Flag

Black Background?

Does anyone know how to make logos with a full black background?

I've created my local station logos with a transparent background that is then displayed with a white/gray background by MIB II.

However, one local station sent their logo automatically via the "Station Logo Service" of HD Radio (USA). Regardless of how it got there, the logo they sent has a full black background, even when expanded (i.e. selected):

Multimedia unit - Radio station logos and album art-kobbm9m-jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to get a copy of the logo file they sent to see how its done.

When I create my own logo with a black background, it always has some white surround, regardless of the resolution I'm using (e.g. 400x240). Does anyone know how to create a logo with a full black background?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast