Support VWWC

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Multimedia unit - Radio station logos and album art

Hi, I think the image you've found is showing HD radio (only available in the US?) which broadcasts digital station info too... I'll have a look a creating black background logos and post the results

Doesn't look that great. Looks like the systems puts up borders automatically. I'm sticking with the no logos look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi, anybody had any luck with the new 9.2" Discover Pro? I just picked up MY18 Tiguan and followed half a dozen guides to load the Sydney station logos, but to no avail.
    Using a USB stick and SD card, I can view the logos in the image viewer, but none show up in the settings in the radio app.
    Tried resizing the images, including the size recommended in the manual (same size as last generation). Reformatted the USB stick in every available format, removed all the silly Mac hidden system files... I've run out of ideas.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Hi, anybody had any luck with the new 9.2" Discover Pro? I just picked up MY18 Tiguan and followed half a dozen guides to load the Sydney station logos, but to no avail.
    Using a USB stick and SD card, I can view the logos in the image viewer, but none show up in the settings in the radio app.
    Tried resizing the images, including the size recommended in the manual (same size as last generation). Reformatted the USB stick in every available format, removed all the silly Mac hidden system files... I've run out of ideas.

Any suggestions? Cheers!
    I had no problems setting mine up - select the radio as the main screen and then select settings button at the bottom right. Under the settings there is a station logos button. Choose that and the stations appear. Select the individual station and then choose the source where the logos are located. Pick the correct logo and the repeat for each individual station.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    I had no problems setting mine up - select the radio as the main screen and then select settings button at the bottom right. Under the settings there is a station logos button. Choose that and the stations appear. Select the individual station and then choose the source where the logos are located. Pick the correct logo and the repeat for each individual station.
    Thanks Rooboy, I tried that all again just now. Where it fails is the last step... I can see all the folders in the source, but it does not see any of the image files.
    This is the new all glass Discover Pro, with capacitive buttons. I'm starting to wonder if there is a bug in the firmware. If you have the same model, can you please let me know the firmware version? Maybe I need to hit the dealer up for an update already.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    I have the same unit Discover Pro unit and when I select the folder all the logos appear. Part number is 5NA035045A,Hardware H54 and Software 1121. Radio database version is 1.9.1
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    I have the same unit Discover Pro unit and when I select the folder all the logos appear. Part number is 5NA035045A,Hardware H54 and Software 1121. Radio database version is 1.9.1
    Thanks for that! Same here. I'll try copying the files from a windows system... maybe my Mac is the culprit.

EDIT: Fixed! I tried a few different USB sticks and found an old one that works... It seems the Sandisk USB stick and SD cards I was originally using were a bit fussy. Thanks again.
    Last edited by spacemannz; 05-09-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Anyone happen to have updated ACT/NSW station icons for the new Mk 7.5 Golfs? By default its a black background which makes it harder for the station logos to look nice (i.e. transparent background over the previous white squares)

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by generiK View Post
    Anyone happen to have updated ACT/NSW station icons for the new Mk 7.5 Golfs? By default its a black background which makes it harder for the station logos to look nice (i.e. transparent background over the previous white squares)
    Give this a go and let me know how it works

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast