Support VWWC

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Multimedia unit - Radio station logos and album art

Users Country Flag

For those that live in Melbourne, you can download my radio logos file by clicking here and then clicking the "download" box on the upper RHS of the screen
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you DV52, it is much appreciated.

If the car can display song titles and artists, why can't it display the stations logo?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    If the car can display song titles and artists, why can't it display the stations logo?
    turtle: When you read the literature about RDS (Radio Data System) which is the facility that FM radio uses for transmission of data, there is no mention made of logo information. All the literature talks about text based information.

But, I have read a post by "Dawson" from North Sydney in which he claimed that he actually received a station logo via RDS on a mk7 Golf (but just the one time). Click here for details of this post and a pic of what happened on his screen.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    I was going through new stations in Brisbane and a station I had never noticed before, HOT91.1 put its own logo down when I added it as a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    turtle: When you read the literature about RDS (Radio Data System) which is the facility that FM radio uses for transmission of data, there is no mention made of logo information. All the literature talks about text based information.

But, I have read a post by "Dawson" from North Sydney in which he claimed that he actually received a station logo via RDS on a mk7 Golf (but just the one time). Click here for details of this post and a pic of what happened on his screen.
    To back up 'Dawson', I've also received a radio station logo for one of the FM stations in Newcastle, however the logo is nothing like the radio stations actual logo! Wierd. It appeared about 3-4 weeks ago and its still there now

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys,

I've noticed the poor quality at which some people have provided these radio logos. I've created my own at 400 x 250 which seems the best resolution you can get without cropping occurring. I've also set them all on white backgrounds to make them consistent. I haven't had a chance to do them all but the majors are all there. If you have any suggestions please let me know and I'll make them and update the file as necessary. If you're from Melbourne please enjoy!!

Adam.

Melbourne Radio Logos.zip
    Last edited by adampiezano; 17-01-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks. Just loaded them onto my new car. A shame Mix fm just changed to kiis

Users Country Flag
    I've just created the logos for the whole of South Australia. I think I have made every FM and AM station in the State, in the format VW issues (160x120px, with transparency). You can download just Adelaide, or the rest of the State. I have added a few extras for new stations expected, a generic ABC logo, plus a few Golf logos. PM me & tell me how you go, please. Beware these were made on a Mac, so there may be some extra files with just dots that should not be copied to your SD card.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jboop3kli...GjhbptbZa?dl=0
    Last edited by Cyberman; 31-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    I've just created the logos for the whole of South Australia. I think I have made every FM and AM station in the State, in the format VW issues (160x120px, with transparency). You can download just Adelaide, or the rest of the State. I have added a few extras for new stations expected, a generic ABC logo, plus a few Golf logos. PM me & tell me how you go, please. Beware these were made on a Mac, so there may be some extra files with just dots that should not be copied to your SD card.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jboop3kli...GjhbptbZa?dl=0
    Thanks champ!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast