Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK7 Intake Manifold Clean With Nulon Cleaner?

MK7 Intake Manifold Clean With Nulon Cleaner?

Hi,

Did a bit of a search but couldn't find anything specifically for a MK7, is there a guide or video that I've missed?

I did this intake clean once a year on my Subaru Liberty using there upper engine cleaner and would like to do the same on the Golf using the Nulon foaming intake cleaner.

I'm assuming I would be removing item 13 (intake manifold sender) and spraying the cleaner in through here?

If I could get some info on how others are doing this on the MK7 that would be great, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MK7 Intake Manifold Clean With Nulon Cleaner?-intake-manifold-jpg  

What makes you think it needs a clean??? I would be wary of filling it with goop.

Preventative maintenance

Trying to minimise the carbon build up due to the direct injection

There is info of guys doing it on the MK6 but just nothing I can find on the MK7

And as for goop it's this product Nulon Foaming Air Intake Cleaner - 150g - Supercheap Auto

Mk7 R's have both port & direct injection. (AU & Euro spec) There can be build up although its generally directly on valves, have not seen a requirement for this sort of treatment on our cars. Mine usually runs only very short distances and i have done 20k and its still clean.

Is the port and direct injection also on the MK7 GTI?

Also how have you inspected for the condition of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysrus View Post
    Mk7 R's have both port & direct injection. (AU & Euro spec) There can be build up although its generally directly on valves, have not seen a requirement for this sort of treatment on our cars. Mine usually runs only very short distances and i have done 20k and its still clean.
    Just curious if you have had a physical look at the valves/inlets or if you are assuming it is still clean as the driving characteristics aren't exhibiting any sign of carbon build up. Not disputing your claim, just interested to know if you have inspected the valves/inlet.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag
    Isn't VW supposed to add, or provide you with, G17 fuel additive at each service? Thought this was supposed to reduce the "slight carbon build up in the intake".

When I get my car serviced I get given a can to add to my tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    Just curious if you have had a physical look at the valves/inlets or if you are assuming it is still clean as the driving characteristics aren't exhibiting any sign of carbon build up. Not disputing your claim, just interested to know if you have inspected the valves/inlet.
    Ive have a look in the inlet with a usb endoscope. Has a film of oil on it and thats it, have not looked at valves.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeysrus View Post
    Ive have a look in the inlet with a usb endoscope. Has a film of oil on it and thats it, have not looked at valves.
    Cheers, that's good to know. If you ever do get a look at the valves, please let us know the result!
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag

Where did you get the diagram from? Looks like a good resource.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast