Support VWWC

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1081

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    It's just the fuel economy advantage diesels have always enjoyed (due mostly to their more calorific fuel) has been largely bridged now with the new petrol technology.
    Yes, I agree. The TSI engine come close to the TDI in the fuel economy and under ideal conditions and as long as you never leave the freeway.
    But, I highly doubt that the TDI will disappear from the Golf series. The advantage over petrol engines is obvious, better fuel economy, cheaper to maintain, much longer life and more torque.
    Last edited by Transporter; 30-12-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongValley View Post
    Greetings all.
    Current car is a Golf MY2010 Mk VI 2.0 TDI Comfortline with 6 speed DSG. 180,000 is just coming up. Do I trade it for a Mk 7.5 110TSI Highline while the prices are (supposedly) sharp?

Of all the cars I've had (and there have been many!) my Golf is by far the best. No troubles although it has been very considerately driven it's still n the original front brake pads - true!

The one thing missing from a 110TSI is the staggering torque provided by the oiler engine. Can I live with a petrol engine?

Has anyone else out there been through this anguish?
    If you enjoy the torque and efficiency of the TDI why not get the MK7.5 TDI Highline?

I have the MK7 TDI Highline and absolutely love it, even if i am about to get an R this month. (Going to keep the TDI as well)

And the TDI gets the DQ381 where the TSI only gets the DQ200.

I recommend if you are not after outright speed (i.e GTI or R) the TDI highline is the best all rounder in the golf lineup, especially in wagon guise.

The TSI does give good fuel economy but only under certain conditions where the TDI always will return good L/100km. Mine has a life average of 4.8L/100km
    With the new 7 speed box i would expect the economy to be even better. Maybe 4.5L/100km real world life average.

And if you are intending to put many KMs on it the TDI is a sound decision.

But thats just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    The 110TSI is right up there with the TDI in real world fuel consumption. I have never been able to come close to claimed consumption figures driving a TDI. 10l+/100km in town (given my driving style) has always been the case for me .... on our new 110TSI I am now actually able to do city driving in the low 6l/100km range driving exactly as I always do. Only 600km in and it has been amazing to be honest. The MFD says I'll do 800km on its first full tank! Big contrast to the Mustang that does almost 18l/100km and 300km on a tank .....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 01-03-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Has anybody discovered VCDS updates that work with the MK7.5, specifically around the taillights that are full LED across the entire range now?

The LED coding in the VCDS thread does not seem to work. I have successfully done some other changes as per that thread (needle sweep is cool, though ultimately pointless).
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Can anyone tell me what sets the driver fatigue alert off?

I have logged 60000km in my Golf and have never set the alert off. My wife did it first time she drove it and has done so several times since. In fact virtually every time she's driven it which isn't often and usually when we do road trips. This really annoys her because I think she thinks she is the better driver.

I thought that maybe she's a bit twitchier than I am. But when I googled it, I found an explanation that seemed to say she made less movements.

Can anyone help explain?

Users Country Flag
    The VW video explains the parameters it uses and that it only works over 65 km/h

Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Thanks for that. I also googled and came up with this explanation:

“When you drive, the steering wheel is usually moved a little, not only when steering. A tired driver stops doing this movement. These pauses are noticed by the system and when it happens frequently, the assistant triggers the coffee cup warning.”

I thought it was because my wife was twitchier but it could also be she's not as "smooth" a driver as me and, so,maybe she over-corrects and this is the reason the fatigue alert pops up?

Another question: has anyone else experienced this:

I seem to have damaged the trim around the gearstick between the gearstick and the console, probably by putting stuff in and taking it out, especially my phone. Now there are a few nicks and there are sharp edges and, unless I'm careful, I end up slicing my hand or fingers.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or just me?

Any cheap fixes? Tape?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
    Another question: has anyone else experienced this:

I seem to have damaged the trim around the gearstick between the gearstick and the console, probably by putting stuff in and taking it out, especially my phone. Now there are a few nicks and there are sharp edges and, unless I'm careful, I end up slicing my hand or fingers.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or just me?

Any cheap fixes? Tape?
    That trim piece is a separate panel that clips in and out. I’d find the part number and contact a wreckers yard for a replacement.

I replaced one of the 4 prongs in the cup holders this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlock View Post
    That trim piece is a separate panel that clips in and out. I’d find the part number and contact a wreckers yard for a replacement.

I replaced one of the 4 prongs in the cup holders this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for that. In the meantime, electrical tape works!

Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast