Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1081

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    Are you saying the shortest distance set with ACC still leaves too big a gap? I think that's 1.5s following distance... don't think the car could avoid the car in front at that distance as is...

As with weather shield, it just introduces more noise when your windows are all up. I have two Golfs, one with them, one without. The weather shield is quite noisy. Just crack all 4 windows, solves your problem and is free. I do it everyday, it works fine.
    That's exactly what I am saying. ****ty Sydney drivers don't see a safety gap, they see an invitation to cut me off and take the gap and its never happened so often!!!!! The way I see it a stopping gap of 1.5 seconds and under is much nicer than the cars chopping in front of me all the time. My Ranger is ok with a smaller gap, the gap on that is awesome, and the brakes on that are nowhere near as good as on the Golf

I am going to hit VW up for some weather shields if it stops the noise. I like the ability to be able to open a window a little bit when its raining and not being smashed with rain. If it also stops the booming then its a bonus As for the noise while the windows are up, I drive a Ranger as well so the Golf I am sure will still be whisper quiet lol

My Mk7 Golf (1.4tsi) has had numerous problems since purchase (Aug 2014). I wont post them all as I want to focus on the DSG issues. The clutches are about to be replaced for the 4th time and the mechtronic unit has been replaced once. I believe there are systemic faults with the gearbox and I have raised my concerns to VW via their Assist call centre. Their stance is that they will just continue repairing the vehicle, regardless of how many times it occurs and how inconvenient it is to have my vehicle off the road.

In my experience the customer support is worse than Telstra. There has been a reluctantance to respond to my emails and when they do, they don't answer my questions.

On average my vehicle has spent 4 weeks in a repair facilty every 12 months. The vehicle has done just over 70000kms and has been regularly serviced by VW.

Any advice from people who have been in a similar situation is appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonVWGolf View Post
    My Mk7 Golf (1.4tsi) has had numerous problems since purchase (Aug 2014). I wont post them all as I want to focus on the DSG issues. The clutches are about to be replaced for the 4th time and the mechtronic unit has been replaced once. I believe there are systemic faults with the gearbox and I have raised my concerns to VW via their Assist call centre. Their stance is that they will just continue repairing the vehicle, regardless of how many times it occurs and how inconvenient it is to have my vehicle off the road.

In my experience the customer support is worse than Telstra. There has been a reluctantance to respond to my emails and when they do, they don't answer my questions.

On average my vehicle has spent 4 weeks in a repair facilty every 12 months. The vehicle has done just over 70000kms and has been regularly serviced by VW.

Any advice from people who have been in a similar situation is appreciated.
    The dry clutch DSG is rubbish. Mine was replaced under warranty then I traded in on a Golf R. Problem sorted!

I will never buy a dry clutch DSG again. It staggers me why VW persist with such an unreliable transmission. Surely they could solve the issue once and for all by putting the wet clutch unit in all models and retire the dry clutch unit off as a bad idea... 😡 It would have to be cheaper overall that repeated replacement of gearbox bits under warranty as happens now. Not to mention the flogging their reputation must be getting with that gearbox???

Thanks for your response. Latest update received today is that the technicians are scratching their hears trying to come up with a solution as clutch repair has not solved the issue. Will a wet clutch DSG bolt onto the 1.4tsi? Take it easy.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonVWGolf View Post
    Thanks for your response. Latest update received today is that the technicians are scratching their hears trying to come up with a solution as clutch repair has not solved the issue. Will a wet clutch DSG bolt onto the 1.4tsi? Take it easy.
    I wondered this myself. I'm guessing not or it would be the lower cost solution. I imagine somewhere beetween the physical geometry and the electronics (or both) they are not compatible or VW would possibly have taken this direction.

Be interesting to see what transmission options go into the Mk 8...

Users Country Flag

Oil level on MDF

Hi all,

Did anyone try to see the oil level on MDF (via VCDS setting) as the VW Tuareg?
    I have tried several times, but without success .... maybe at GTI it is possible, I have VW TDI ....
    Have a nice day!
    Daniel
    Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions-oil-level-jpg

Users Country Flag

key lighting of the Composition Media / light switch "0"

Hello,

does anyone know how the key lighting of the Composition Media can be activated if the light switch is in position "0" ?

br

Users Country Flag
    Hi!

Having some issues with my cornering function.
    I had a 4 door Golf mid 2014, and it worked normal.
    Had to swap to a Golf Variant late 2014, and this one I have to turn almost 380* for the function to work, wen normally 90* would be enough.
    Does any one now how I can correct this function.

Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Hi! Manage to solve the issue. Had to change steering values.

Hi

Couple of questions:

Is 44000 km out of the tyres OK? Mine are the Continetals that came with the car and look like needing replacement. Any recomendations about replacvement tyres that (a) aren't too expensive, (b) have decent grip, and (c) good durability? Or shall I just look for a unicorn?!

Should I be able to access apps on my phone through Android Auto? I can use Google maps, even find businesses on Google and get the directions, and play music (even though I've found that how you name the files can affect how easy Android can find the albums!). But I wonder if I could use things like the petrol price app on the move?

Finally, I found that I couldn't change albums in rural areas where I lost phone signal. Does the music system need a phone/internet connection to play music that's on the phone? I can't work that one out.

Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast