Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1081

Thread: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kensell21 View Post
    Hi all,

Could someone suggest a better fixer for my dashmat? After 12 months on and some sun. It now moves around on the dash.. something that won't do permanent harm to the dashboard.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If it fits over the air vents near the windscreen we used to use some wire like paperclips and hook one under a fin in the vents at each end and poke it up through the mat and bend it over Couldnt see it and didnt move in the years we had it in the car.

Dont drop it they rattle if you do LOL
    Safest way is get a long piece of wire poke it down through the mat and then sit mat loosely in and drop wire down and hook it in pull it tight and bend it over. Only needs a inch bent over cut the rest off. Doesnt leave a mark like velcro does and very few glues stick to vinyl dashes anyway
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I took delivery of our MY17 Golf Alltrack yesterday.
    Attached to the A pillar is recall 97CH. After a search, apparently to do with headlights and tail light functionality for MY 16 & 17 Golf wagon and Passat.
    Last edited by winchy; 22-02-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by winchy View Post
    I took delivery of our MY17 Golf Alltrack yesterday.
    Attached to the A pillar is recall 97CH. After a search, apparently to do with headlights and tail light functionality for MY 16 & 17 Golf wagon and Passat.
    Yeah that was announced the other week. IIRC it was to do with the VCDS incorrectly alerting you that a bulb had blown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Just had my clutch pack replaced on a MY16 110TSI. 20,000klms. I wonder if this indicates the return of DSG issues?

Users Country Flag

Question Question about 92Tsi & 110Tsi

Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching online trying to find out what the difference is between the 92TSI & 110TSI in regards to how the power output is achieved. From the spec sheet on the Volkswagen website both engines are

- 1.4L 4 cylinder Turbo
    - 1395CC capacity
    - 80mm Bore Stroke
    - 10.0:1 Compression Ratio
    - 95 Premium Unleaded minimum Fuel

Everything engine size wise is the same between the two. Could the 92Tsi just be "de-tuned" or the 110TSI be tuned.
    I have read the same thing being the case with the new Tiguans I believe, where the is 132 is allegedly just a de-tuned 162.

Any insight would be great, Thanks in advance.
    Golf Mk7 MY16 92Tsi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stack_City_Kid View Post
    Hey guys, I've done a bit of searching online trying to find out what the difference is between the 92TSI & 110TSI in regards to how the power output is achieved. From the spec sheet on the Volkswagen website both engines are

- 1.4L 4 cylinder Turbo
    - 1395CC capacity
    - 80mm Bore Stroke
    - 10.0:1 Compression Ratio
    - 95 Premium Unleaded minimum Fuel

Everything engine size wise is the same between the two. Could the 92Tsi just be "de-tuned" or the 110TSI be tuned.
    I have read the same thing being the case with the new Tiguans I believe, where the is 132 is allegedly just a de-tuned 162.

Any insight would be great, Thanks in advance.
    Stack_City_Kid: Yes I suspect that you are entirely correct - they are basically the same motor but "de-tuned". Here is the information from the 1.4ltr TSI engine in my MY13 engine (which has exactly the same specs as your 110/92 TSI engines. Clearly the changed power response happens because of the different engine management system (see table)

Fact is that you can get just about any KW number that you like from a turbo (within reason) - it's just a matter of how much stress you are prepared to place on the engine components!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 16-03-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Stack_City_Kid: Yes I suspect that you are entirely correct - they are basically the same motor but "de-tuned". Here is the information from the 1.4ltr TSI engine in my MY13 engine (which has exactly the same specs as your 110/92 TSI engines. Clearly the changed power response happens because of the different engine management system (see table)

Fact is that you can get just about any KW number that you like from a turbo (within reason) - it's just a matter of how much stress you are prepared to place on the engine components!!

Don

Interesting,
    Could this be due to something that happens during the engine building/ testing phase? for example an engine that shows signs of "stress" at a higher Kw rating would be de-tuned to a "safer" or more stable engine output, similar to what happens when they make computer CPUs? where they test and lock the chip to the highest safest CPU speed they can get out of it.

Also thanks for your feedback Don
    Last edited by Stack_City_Kid; 16-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Golf Mk7 MY16 92Tsi

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stev99 View Post
    Just had my clutch pack replaced on a MY16 110TSI. 20,000klms. I wonder if this indicates the return of DSG issues?
    Short answer is yes. Check out other threads on here and vwgolf.net. It's a worryingly common issue with the dry clutch DSG boxes. Mine were replaced at 13000km on my 92tsi. Common understanding from what I have read is they don't like to "creep" at slow speeds (such as a torque converter auto does) as it constantly slips the clutches and prematurely fails them. Hard to avoid in city traffic if that is your environment. VW have a pending nightmare with these I suspect, even more so as the power and torque levels from the same engine are pushed higher and higher.

1.4 90TSI exhaust

Just invested in a 2013 90TSI and I'm absolutely loving it so far. Only downside for me thought is it is a bit on the quiet side...

I'm thinking of investing in an Exhaust but don't want to break the bank. I drove a GTI the other day and loved the sound of it when I put the foot down and how the sound wasn't overpowering when I was just driving at low RPM.

With that in mind I was wondering if an MK5 GTI exhaust+down pipe would fit my car as it it the most recent GTI model with the tailpipes on the left side only?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gazman17; 18-03-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Users Country Flag

The catback section will likely fit but the downpipe section will definitely not fit - different engine, different turbo location and size etc.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast