Page 408 of 495 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SW33 View Post
    Anyone know if the just released for Mk7.5R OEM+ tune is specific to the mk7.5R or is it the same as the Mk7R. I’m deciding between APR and OEM+ but APR doesn’t list a tune specific to the 7.5R.
    Keep us informed, I'm also looking for 7.5R stage 1 tuning options.

Quote Originally Posted by SW33 View Post
    Anyone know if the just released for Mk7.5R OEM+ tune is specific to the mk7.5R or is it the same as the Mk7R. I’m deciding between APR and OEM+ but APR doesn’t list a tune specific to the 7.5R.
    Looks like it is:
    YouTube
    Racingline OEM+ Performance ECU Software - Harding Performance
    (scroll down to the table under "common applications")
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    Looks like it is:
    YouTube
    Racingline OEM+ Performance ECU Software - Harding Performance
    (scroll down to the table under "common applications")
    529Nm (7.5R) vs 447Nm (7R) on their single stage tunes (going by their videos). 82Nm is a substantial difference, not sure what explains this (different turbo on the 7.5s, stronger gearbox that can take more power)?

Impressive numbers/difference and these are figures at the hub (engine hp/torque even higher).

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    529Nm (7.5R) vs 447Nm (7R) on their single stage tunes (going by their videos). 82Nm is a substantial difference, not sure what explains this (different turbo on the 7.5s, stronger gearbox that can take more power)?

Impressive numbers/difference and these are figures at the hub (engine hp/torque even higher).
    I think the figures they are quoting are calculated at engine (ie adjusted from what they measured at the hubs).

Very impressive torque figure for the 7.5, but I wonder whether the manual g'box std clutch's will be able to cope with that much torque (given the 7.0 clutch sometimes couldn't cope with the std 380Nm)
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Very impressive torque figure for the 7.5, but I wonder whether the manual g'box std clutch's will be able to cope with that much torque (given the 7.0 clutch sometimes couldn't cope with the std 380Nm)
    Snowball. Hell.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    I think the figures they are quoting are calculated at engine (ie adjusted from what they measured at the hubs).

Spoke to them today, they recon figures are at the hub not engine. When I indicated stock figures measured on their dyno were similar to what VW were claiming at the engine they indicated VW figures were underestimated.

Users Country Flag
    Why would you want a manual the dq381 is 200% better than the dq250 it replaces i know i went from the 6 speed to the 7(in diesels i will admit lol) night and day difference to me i could see why you would want a manual in place of the dq250 but the new 7 speed box is really really good and can handle 520nm!

I have spoken to a tuner who thinks it will cope with 700nm!
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    amen.

dq381 is a #&%$ gem!

Sports mode is right on the money (no tune required), unlike manic MK5 GTI dsg I came from.

Only thing underdone in this car is the power imo (my old tuned GTI felt quicker)!

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    Only thing underdone in this car is the power imo (my old tuned GTI felt quicker)!
    I sometimes feel the same when comparing my Octavia (OEM+ stage 1 ). The 7.5 is definitely more powerful, it just doesn't feel like it at first. I think the issue with the Golf R (7.0 and 7.5) is the slow response to the initial movement of the accelerator ( which is why the throttle pedal box is a very popular mod in the UK). Even my diesel van feels more responsive to the first little push on the accelerator.

Users Country Flag

I sometimes feel the same when comparing my Octavia (OEM+ stage 1 ). The 7.5 is definitely more powerful, it just doesn't feel like it at first. I think the issue with the Golf R (7.0 and 7.5) is the slow response to the initial movement of the accelerator ( which is why the throttle pedal box is a very popular mod in the UK). Even my diesel van feels more responsive to the first little push on the accelerator.
    My 7R went in for its 30k km service yesterday and I got a new 7.5 TSI loaner. The initial pick-up from the lights was much better than my 7R (lighter and my car is getting a new turbo under warranty so perhaps it’s down on power). The throttle was much sharper. I keep my car in Race engine mode now and that vastly improves the response.

The new 7-speed DSG was good and much better than previous DSG cars but I’d still take a manual any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Page 408 of 495 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458 ... LastLast