Support VWWC

Page 367 of 495 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bonsquibbins View Post
    Has a anyone managed to get any clarity on the whole Dynaudio confusion hanging over the 7.5R?

As in the reports so far that you'll be able to option it on lower specs but it won't be available on the R?
    Hey Bons ... Nope, still a weird situation there. My dealer couldn't see it in the options list, but didn't say it was also excluded from std equipment. I'm hoping for someone else to hassle their dealer (hint hint) as I don't want to harp. Maybe it's included in the big screen / digital dash pack (whatever that's called again). Otherwise, us standard R 7.5ers are being picked on for some reason. After the "4 motion" and extra grunt, the big sound was what I was really looking forward to.
    Last edited by SteveMc; 24-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny555 View Post
    I purchased my 17 Golf R through Car Connect. Price was Ok and finance through Stratton, same company.
    Thanks. I'll give them a go. Read some good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    Thanks. I'll give them a go. Read some good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Tiguan is financed through Strattons and they've done a few cars for me now. They're good to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    I recently asked VW Oz the same question and this was the response I received from them. 'Dynaudio premium audio system is not offered as a stand-alone option on the new Golf R. Dynaudio is a feature of the Golf R Wolfsburg Edition special model that will released simultaneously with the regular production new Golf R.'
    Wolfsburg 7.5R. Lapiz Blue hatch DSG with sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iant333 View Post
    I recently asked VW Oz the same question and this was the response I received from them. 'Dynaudio premium audio system is not offered as a stand-alone option on the new Golf R. Dynaudio is a feature of the Golf R Wolfsburg Edition special model that will released simultaneously with the regular production new Golf R.'
    Can you use the same contact, and ask him or her why VW chose to offer the Dynaudio with all lower edition Golfs, and not the highest, standard production model ? Not including it as standard, but having it optional, would be understandable. Or having the Wolfsburg Edition be production and a NOT a limited run might also add some reason. But this just seems ludicrous.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)

Users Country Flag
    So that's the final word from VW AU? Wow - that _is_ ludicrous.. I'm a big fan of Dynaudio's gear (their studio monitors are awesome) and have eagerly awaited the return to the AU range before doing my own refresh, and to have it available on the lower specs and not the R is really frustrating. The only way I can come to terms with it is that it's all a big mistake and it will be an inclusion with DAP in the same vein as the Wolfsburg. Otherwise it's down to trying to wrangle one of the 300 Wolfsburgs for a reasonable price (although if the talk of April 2018 delivery is accurate, it would be almost worth waiting until MY19 to see if VW comes to their senses and includes Dynaudio again in the R).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Can you use the same contact, and ask him or her why VW chose to offer the Dynaudio with all lower edition Golfs, and not the highest, standard production model ? Not including it as standard, but having it optional, would be understandable. Or having the Wolfsburg Edition be production and a NOT a limited run might also add some reason. But this just seems ludicrous.
    I tried but I didn't really get anywhere. All I got was 'the Dynaudio premium audio system is an exclusive feature of the Golf R Wolfsburg Edition. We can't confirm at this point in time whether it will be available as an option for other variants.' Not much help, sry.
    Wolfsburg 7.5R. Lapiz Blue hatch DSG with sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iant333 View Post
    I tried but I didn't really get anywhere. All I got was 'the Dynaudio premium audio system is an exclusive feature of the Golf R Wolfsburg Edition. We can't confirm at this point in time whether it will be available as an option for other variants.' Not much help, sry.
    Well, thanks anyway for trying. "Exclusive feature" is obviously not a term to describe an option that's available on every model, except one. I'm going to ask my dealer for an email/snail mail address for someone at VW Australia, and just write a plain old letter. I'll explain my disappointment at the changing nature of the "R" variant, now starting to become a "stripper" version, and not a premium model, after losing park assist, traffic jam assist and now the Dynaudio. And I'll ask if anyone there remembers from their marketing lectures how many people an unhappy customer of a business can influence compared to a happy one. "Find out what the customer wants and DENY THEM for no apparent reason" aren't the words I remember being drummed in. If enough of us with deposits do the same someone might listen.

I'll post my draft soon and the mailing address when I get it.
    Last edited by SteveMc; 02-07-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Well, thanks anyway for trying. "Exclusive feature" is obviously not a term to describe an option that's available on every model, except one. I'm going to ask my dealer for an email/snail mail address for someone at VW Australia, and just write a plain old letter. I'll explain my disappointment at the changing nature of the "R" variant, now starting to become a "stripper" version, and not a premium model, after losing park assist, traffic jam assist and now the Dynaudio. And I'll ask if anyone there remembers from their marketing lectures how many people an unhappy customer of a business can influence compared to a happy one. "Find out what the customer wants and DENY THEM for no apparent reason" aren't the words I remember being drummed in. If enough of us with deposits do the same someone might listen.

I'll post my draft soon and the mailing address when I get it.
    So, here's the postal address for anyone considering placing something in print about the Dynaudio delete debacle. I feel physical letters still carry more merit than emails and require more consideration to dispose of in an organisational environment. I'll mail my letter today, but won't torture this thread with the content. Maybe you can message me in my "profile" if you'd like the text for some ideas of your own ...

Customer Care team
    VW Australia
    PO Box 5155
    Chullora, NSW, 2190

Users Country Flag

Going through this same annoyance (dynaudio). In my case signed a contract a few weeks ago on a 7.5R and was told it was standard on the R (had them include it in contract). Now they're back peddling! Have taken this up with VW Australia customer care.

Page 367 of 495 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast