Support VWWC

Page 441 of 494 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4938

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Plus the wagon looks better imo
    The extra room is awesome to swallows heaps of golf crap every weekend with room to spare
    I wish the hatch had more room. I have to put my club in the back seat. Can't fit them in the boot!
    I drive a golf yet I can't for golf clubs in the boot!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I wish the hatch had more room. I have to put my club in the back seat. Can't fit them in the boot!
    Just as well you don’t drive a Polo... imagine trying to get the horse into that! 😜

You must have a serious set of clubs to not fit into the back of the Golf. Are they just a bit long to fit cross-ways in the hatch with the seats etc in place or do you mean with seats folded down?

Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

So I thought I would report on my ownership of the new R.
    I received it about 4 weeks ago
    So far I have had some issues that the dealership recon there is nothing wrong.

1. Bluetooth, people on the other end of the call cannot hear what I am saying, I have tried different phone but to no luck.

2. DSG, the DSG in the R is nowhere near as smooth as the DSG in my TDI, again the dealership said there is nothing wrong.

3. Crap fuel economy, I did not buy this car in the quest for efficiency but I did not think it would be this bad.

So now the positives.
    1. Its very quick and fun to drive

2. I removed my resonator and turned off the Sound actuator = BEST!
    No drone just a great sound when in race and still quite in comfort mode.

3. The informant system is great to use and because I ticked the Dynaudio the sound is great too.

4. Have given it some serious heat into some corners and it hangs on like on rails.

5. Getting 15% tint with the white Silver metallic paint looks the goods.

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by Alex31; 29-05-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    Good comments.

Feedback on the bad:
    1. Also have some issues with bluetooth but mine is the album art freezing on the screen and not moving onto the next song. Very intermittent but very annoying.

2. Agree here. It seems VW have tuned the S setting for spirited driving only. It is better than it used to be though. D is useless, S is a better compromise but still jerks on down changes when travelling at normal speeds. S manual can cause some very clunky up-changes from 1st to 2nd if you don't wring its neck.

3. I get 14 l / 100 but have very short commute to work through town. Sub 10 on open road.

Positives:
    1 Tick
    2 Must get around to doing this
    3 Dynaudio is AWESOME
    4 Tick, but would like more tail action.
    5 I'm too old to worry about windows - My wife says this will be my last R...she expects me to get an A4 or C class after this, as they are more in keeping with my age. Looks like it's a C43 wagon with sports exhaust then
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    Good comments.

Feedback on the bad:
    1. Also have some issues with bluetooth but mine is the album art freezing on the screen and not moving onto the next song. Very intermittent but very annoying.

2. Agree here. It seems VW have tuned the S setting for spirited driving only. It is better than it used to be though. D is useless, S is a better compromise but still jerks on down changes when travelling at normal speeds. S manual can cause some very clunky up-changes from 1st to 2nd if you don't wring its neck.

3. I get 14 l / 100 but have very short commute to work through town. Sub 10 on open road.

Positives:
    1 Tick
    2 Must get around to doing this
    3 Dynaudio is AWESOME
    4 Tick, but would like more tail action.
    5 I'm too old to worry about windows - My wife says this will be my last R...she expects me to get an A4 or C class after this, as they are more in keeping with my age. Looks like it's a C43 wagon with sports exhaust then
    Sounds like you need a C63 as the next car. Nice “sedate” saloon with barely any antisocial foibles... apparently...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex31 View Post
    So I thought I would report on my ownership of the new R.
    I received it about 4 weeks ago
    So far I have had some issues that the dealership recon there is nothing wrong.

1. Bluetooth, people on the other end of the call cannot hear what I am saying, I have tried different phone but to no luck.

2. DSG, the DSG in the R is nowhere near as smooth as the DSG in my TDI, again the dealership said there is nothing wrong.

3. Crap fuel economy, I did not buy this car in the quest for efficiency but I did not think it would be this bad.

So now the positives.
    1. Its very quick and fun to drive

2. I removed my resonator and turned off the Sound actuator = BEST!
    No drone just a great sound when in race and still quite in comfort mode.

3. The informant system is great to use and because I ticked the Dynaudio the sound is great too.

4. Have given it some serious heat into some corners and it hangs on like on rails.

5. Getting 15% tint with the white Silver metallic paint looks the goods.
    Sent from my iPhone
    My bluetooth works really well. I've got an Android, though. I'd hate to have to meddle with one of those tricky iPhones - they probably insist the head unit is Apple brand, I'm sure ...

I'm luvvin my DSG now, low-speed indecision and all. I can feel the thing occasionally hiccup to and fro 2nd, but also too old to give a hoot anymore when I can just keep my hands on the wheel and keep the go pedal down.

My L/100k numbers are definitely very sensitive to lots of brake. It doesn't seem to mind lots of loud pedal, as long as I'm not braking to slow down again straight afterwards. I don't suppose this is DSG specific, but a lesson in physics I reckon. Brake pedal is a total wast of fuel, no matter how much regeneration into the battery the manufacturer claims.

As a fellow de-rezzer, I was hoping for a little more noise. So I just leave my SoundAktor thingy on and pretend it's my full turbo-back drainpipe exhaust system (I've got a great imagination). Maybe a Remus muffler soon though . . .
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I put my buggy in the boot, I can do it 2 ways. Fold it down and take wheels off and this is can have it for without out the rear seats down.
    Or I can fold it and leave the wheels on but then I have to fold the real seat.
    The clubs are in the golf bag, it doesn't fit well in the boot. Best just put a towel over the back seat and out clubs there.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Sounds like you need a C63 as the next car. Nice “sedate” saloon with barely any antisocial foibles... apparently...
    I wouldn’t waste my money on a C63 (or an M3) Two mates at work have them. Neither can get the power down in the dry never mind the wet. One secretly wishes he bought a C43 instead, but he gave so much abuse to another work colleague for buying one that he’s too embarrassed to go there. The other guy is going C43 when his lease is up.

I’m not even convinced that I would want to spend $100k on a car anyway. I’ll wait and see what pans out with this proposed free trade agreement with the EU. If a C43 can be had for $80k or so then I would do it. A Golf R wagon is real hard to beat for value.
    Last edited by Paul_R; 30-05-2018 at 07:09 AM.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    I wouldn’t waste my money on a C63 (or an M3) Two mates at work have them. Neither can get the power down in the dry never mind the wet. One secretly wishes he bought a C43 instead, but he gave so much abuse to another work colleague for buying one that he’s too embarrassed to go there. The other guy is going C43 when his lease is up.

I’m not even convinced that I would want to spend $100k on a car anyway. I’ll wait and see what pans out with this proposed free trade agreement with the EU. If a C43 can be had for $80k or so then I would do it. A Golf R wagon is real hard to beat for value.
    Agreed. Said tongue was firmly in said cheek in my comment. The performance to value equation in the Golf R is very hard to top.

Users Country Flag

So I'll be a fellow R MK 7.5 owner this October! The wait is killing me, lol

I'm looking to immediately get a resonator delete. Being Melbourne based (out Berwick way) any recommendations to who I should visit? Additionally, is reversing the res delete easy or an issue and does a res delete have warranty implications?

Many thanks guys!

Page 441 of 494 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491 ... LastLast