Support VWWC

Page 410 of 494 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 4938

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    A coating won't stop any scratches like that - not sure that will make you feel any better though.
    I am well aware of that. But the coating would give it a bit more protection anyway.
    Now I'm not sure what to do, fix it with touch up paint before the coating, fix it properly it just go ahead with the coating anyway...

If it will annoy you if you don't fix it before coating then there's your decision .....
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I am well aware of that. But the coating would give it a bit more protection anyway.
    Now I'm not sure what to do, fix it with touch up paint before the coating, fix it properly it just go ahead with the coating anyway...
    Can the detailer repair/buff it out? Or is it too deep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    Had my first "enthusiastic" drive on wet roads in my 7.5 R wagon today (we've been having a dry spell here since I bought it). I'm impressed with both the traction and the roadholding Tyres are Continental 5P. It just grips and goes, in conditions where my Skoda would be spinning the front wheels on take-off and understeering around roundabouts (and yes, I have good tyres on the Skoda: Michelin PS4 with heaps of tread depth). I'm a happy chappy
    Yeah - gotta love the fault-free handling, no matter the conditions. The mags describe it as "clinical", "isolating", "uninvolving" and even "German". What ? And that's after they've blatted on again about the gearbox mistake of 2010.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    Can the detailer repair/buff it out? Or is it too deep?

Sent him a photo and reckons just bring touch up paint and he will take care of it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Sent him a photo and reckons just bring touch up paint and he will take care of it.
    The first mark always hurts, you should be ok with a good detailer.

2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Looking for a bit of DSG advice.

This is my first DSG in an R. We have a Passat diesel but it gets driven in D at all times.
    On two occasions in the last month I have felt a big bang through the drive train when changing from 1st to 2nd. On both occasions it’s been pulling away promptly, about 3/4 throttle, with the box in M and I’ve pulled the up paddle at around 4000 to 5000 rpm and BANG. There may have been a slight degree of lock on the steering on both occasions - lane changing. No other DSG issues in 1000 kms.

When I say Bang, I mean it feels like I’ve hit a brick wall or a drive shaft has fallen out type bang and jolt. Very unpleasant.

Is this something that they just do from time to time, or should i be talking to the dealer?
    Last edited by Paul_R; 09-12-2017 at 06:47 AM.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    Looking for a bit of DSG advice.

This is my first DSG in an R. We have a Passat diesel but it gets driven in D at all times.
    On two occasions in the last month I have felt a big bang through the drive train when changing from 1st to 2nd. On both occasions it’s been pulling away promptly, about 3/4 throttle, with the box in M and I’ve pulled the up paddle at around 4000 to 5000 rpm and BANG. There may have been a slight degree of lock on the steering on both occasions - lane changing. No other DSG issues in 1000 kms.

When I say Bang, I mean it feels like I’ve hit a brick wall or a drive shaft has fallen out type bang and jolt. Very unpleasant.

Is this something that they just do from time to time, or should i be talking to the dealer?
    It shouldn't be doing that, does it happen D or S if it's only M still seems strange I would check with your dealer. I find the S in 7.5 DSG is good for most situations.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    No the tsi has the 7 speed dry clutch dq200(rated max 295nm with a tune) vs the the new dq381 in the 7.5 golf r , golf alltrack diesel and audi s3 which is rated 430nm normal and 600nm or so with a tune its a beast of a gearbox
    When you say 600nm ‘with a tune’, do you mean a tcu tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Minor issue on 7.5R.

When I first turn on the car I can't change radio channel by steering wheel button for the first min or so (doesn't do anything). I can using the stereo touch screen however. Seems to happen on some starts not all. Normal?

Page 410 of 494 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460 ... LastLast