Page 405 of 494 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4938

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    Interested in your experiences with this tune, any negatives? I was leaning more towards an Australian specific tune, my independent mechanic/tuner uses AVA Performance Tunes (QLD based) who seem to have a good reputation. Only issue is independent can't currently get around encryption on MK7.5 with his equipment (may be a some months away before they release an update). This may swing me to APR, although again not sure if they have a specific Australian tune.

Did you do any other mods at the same time? Consider doing turbo inlet at the same time, hear this adds 10-15hp?

Also I'm finding my 7.5R to be a bit sluggish off the line (might be turbo lag, throttle response, not sure), did you find after tune this improved a lot?
    Mate, that's generally the pedal lag which tune doesn't fix. The best mod for that is Pedal box. Totally removes that sluggish throttle response and best of all it's totally untraceable so no warranty issues.

I say that as today my luck has run out and I need water pump and haldex pump replacing (both common issues) I think I'm looking at 2k+ to fix both. I'm glad it's happened well outside of warranty for me as wife would have killed me voiding warranty with tunes and then getting huge repair bill that would be covered under warranty.
    That's been my first and only issues though in 3.5yrs and 3 years of tuned driving.

I'd probably have good think about tuning for a while anyway.

Users Country Flag
    Suggest you seriously consider a jb4

Users Country Flag
    I'd agree with libra R. Jb4, inlet pipe and pedal box would be my suggestions if you were to modify new car. All easy to remove and pretty much untraceable.

Remove and get any issues fixed under warranty.

I do believe that jb4 could be traced if VW sent off full scan etc to Germany techs. They may do that if you blew turbo and caused engine damage or something a big cost repair. Unlikely for any repairs like water pump, haldex, other more common minor things. Prob even for turbo.

As they say pay to play.

So I’ve decided I’ll be going with the golf R Grid Wagon. Can anyone confirm that tow bar can be fitted?

I think it will be a great daily driver

Users Country Flag
    I’ve changed my mind about the sign assist being camera operated. It wasn’t doing very well today, in the rain, with temporary road works. Missed the 40 kph sign completely. Having said that, it did change to 40 when driving past a temporary road sign two days ago. The fold open sort held down with sand bags so go figure.
    The Touareg we had in Ireland definitely was a camera. It’s sat nav system was so old that it had canals and horse rest stops marked on it. No way it was knowing what was going on.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Just to add to the debate, I’ve noticed sitting in a demo Golf R in a showroom that it still displayed the appropriate speed sign for the street it was closest to (50kmh). Maybe it’s a combination where if it doesn’t sense from cameras it reverts to GPS recorded speeds? Disclaimer I don’t have the car yet but would somewhat make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg Edition Hatch - Lapiz Blue / Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Interested in your experiences with this tune, any negatives? I was leaning more towards an Australian specific tune, my independent mechanic/tuner uses AVA Performance Tunes (QLD based) who seem to have a good reputation. Only issue is independent can't currently get around encryption on MK7.5 with his equipment (may be a some months away before they release an update). This may swing me to APR, although again not sure if they have a specific Australian tune.

Did you do any other mods at the same time? Consider doing turbo inlet at the same time, hear this adds 10-15hp?

Also I'm finding my 7.5R to be a bit sluggish off the line (might be turbo lag, throttle response, not sure), did you find after tune this improved a lot?

Check out Harding performance (Queensland based) they have a oem+ tune for the 7.5 and also just after xmas will have a tune for the dq381 dsg 7speed fitted to the golf r
    Last edited by Kachingg; 18-11-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

For past few days I've been driving in regional NSW. Some main roads and back roads.
    The speed limit indicator in Nav system only works on main roads, using the data from maps SD card.
    On back roads, there's no speed limit indication at all. Makes sense.
    My car has no camera, so no speed sign recognition.
    Might be time to try and update the maps database.
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Share your VCDS tweaks on the 7.5R.

Trying to find a fix for removing the safety warning each time sat nav/maps fired up on main screen ("For your own safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times").

Have done TMC traffic, cancel start/stop.

Users Country Flag

Trying to find a fix for removing the safety warning each time sat nav/maps fired up on main screen ("For your own safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times").
    Try looking here - Post #3 will direct you to the instructions (It works for Golf 7.5) - Thanks to DV52 & zloybob.

MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread

Page 405 of 494 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455 ... LastLast