Page 395 of 495 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4941

Thread: Mk7 Golf R Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Hey fella's,

This saucy little unit was down the back of Hornsby VW yesterday. Definitely an R & with Pretoria's... Apologies for the crap pic quality but it's the best I could do at distance.

SNAP !

I pick mine (R Wolfsburg wagon) up tomorrow arvo (and yes, time has seemed to go bit slowly lately, so I've kept busy detailing my Octavia vRS getting it ready for sale)
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I must be the only one who doesn't like the Pretorias. I much prefer the Spielbergs because I was never a fan of the R wheels in the Mk 7 (unsure on name)

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    What's the consensus on running in these new engines?

My current independent VW mechanic recommends running mineral oil and hammering hard it for the first 1000kms or so for the piston rings to seat properly. He mentioned this after indicating my current MK5 GTI (owned since new and using synthetic since new) consumed a bit of engine oil .

Opinions on advice?
    I went with what the Owner’s Manual said to do for the first 2,000 kms or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Hey fella's,

This saucy little unit was down the back of Hornsby VW yesterday. Definitely an R & with Pretoria's... Apologies for the crap pic quality but it's the best I could do at distance.

i got to test drive one just like this...it’s such a sweet ride. Just to remind myself what I was in for when mine arrives in a week or two��

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Quote Originally Posted by generiK View Post
    I must be the only one who doesn't like the Pretorias. I much prefer the Spielbergs because I was never a fan of the R wheels in the Mk 7 (unsure on name)
    You ain't the only one.
    I agree with you. However I think the wheels on the mk 7 are better than the Spielbergs but the Spielbergs are better than Pretorias

Users Country Flag
    The one's on the Mark 7 were "Cadiz". My order of preference is Spielberg, then Silver Pret's, Cadiz, then Black Pret's. Must say, though, the black wheels will hold their own for people who can't get to wash their wheels regularly. The silver Pret's will obviously look grubbier more of the time.
    Last edited by SteveMc; 29-09-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    First you need your vin, once you have that then you check the vessel name, one you have the vessel name then go to this site to track it:

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Mine is on BESS, just finished it's South Africa tour and heading to Freemantle and dock there on September 16, then heading to Melbourne and will arrive on September 21
    OK so mine's on THEMIS, where do I find ETA at Fremantle?

It looks like the same Wolfy7.5 wagon (pic I posted above) is sitting in the dealership forecourt & seemingly for sale. I haven't been in to check but of anyone is interested call Hornsby...
    * MY12 B7 Passat V6 4-motion Highline wagon....
    * Sport pack (Kansas wheels) - Active cruise City EB - Driver Assist Vis pack - Auto tailgate - Candy White with dark tint.

Users Country Flag
    Awfully quiet in here

How's about some 7.5 R owner reviews/writeups/observations to tie over those of us waiting!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    Awfully quiet in here

How's about some 7.5 R owner reviews/writeups/observations to tie over those of us waiting!
    Yeah, sure. It has been quiet. We get our cars, and then just forget you all. Here's some first impressions ...

.. the seating position is nice and low, but it's harder to get in and out of than my little Mazda 2, for sure. And I do notice i scrape that pointy seat bolster poking up every time. Great driving position, though.
    .. I'm a bit disappointed I can't separately adjust the exhaust level in individual mode. "Drive" must cover it, along with change points. I agree with the Australian magazine reviews saying the exhaust is too quiet. I've already received my S3 resonator delete kit, and I think I'll try it on earlier than I'd planned.
    .. can't get over the twist below 2 thou. Coming from a naturally aspirated 1.5 has obviously helped there, but I don't remember my Wrx being anything like this.
    .. the standard sound is just OK at low to medium volumes. I've dropped a few movie files onto an SD card at DVD resolution, along with my music, and it was pretty cool to see them play on that big centre screen.
    .. if you're coming from a front driver like me, the steering is also something you'll notice just as much as the loud pedal. I'm genuinely surprised how much less I need to turn the wheel even when cornering normally. Not sure if it's that fast ratio they've dialled in, or the inside brakes being activated, but it really adds to the fun as much as the grunt.
    .. these bloody wheels are enormous. Our roads around here fall apart after some good rain, so I'm not looking forward to pothole dodging. Really considering some 18s, and 245 rubber.
    .. don't believe the whinging you read about the DSG. A slight pause is all you'll notice between moving the lever and go. Big deal. The thing's great once up and running. This is my first auto, and I'm missing gear changing a lot less than I thought I would. I'm actually using Eco mode often in traffic, and just bumping that lever back to get some revs up if needed.
    .. tight motors much use a bit of juice, because I'm not getting anywhere near 8l/100. Not thrashing it either, as I'm still under 1000k.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Page 395 of 495 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445 ... LastLast