Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf Manual Clutch Issues, Discussion and Questions

Users Country Flag

I've got 11,000k's and it's still stock, and getting worse.

Users Country Flag

Clutch upgrades mk7 gti/ skoda rs230

Hey all, I've been playing around with the Burger Motorsports JB4 on my RS230. I'm very happy so far with the gains I'm seeing so far, on map6 and wound it up a bit. The down side is I've had a few clutch slips today in 3rd and 4th, so I'm guessing the stock clutch won't handle the extra power and torque with the bigger sticky rubber also. Can anyone recommend a suitable clutch upgrade for my car which has the same driveline as the MK7 GTI PP? And do i have to change to a single mass flywheel to get a decent upgrade? cheers
    2010 POLO 77TSI COMFORTLINE, CANDY WHITE, H&R 30/50 sport cup kit, 18x8 lenso speed 3
    2016 SKODA RS230 WAGON, MOON WHITE, TECH,TAILGATE, P/ROOF, HP UPGRADED CLUTCH, JB4, DTE PEDAL BOX, EIBACH SPORTLINES, AVID1 18X8.5 AV20'S, CTS TMD/TIP, 034 DOGBONE INSERT, OBD11 MODS

Users Country Flag

Mk7 GTI OEM Specs

Does any know what the torque rating on the OEM clutch is for the Mk7 GTI MT?

Can't seem to find any info on it and what I do find seems to be wrong... (some threads say 250 lb-ft which doesn't make sense considering the car comes out the factory with a max torque production of 258lb-ft @ 1500 rpm)

Any info or even a point in the right direction would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Update : car has now 53,000 ks, and hasnt had any slip.

according to dyno sheet, i have 223.8 kw and 488nm torque.

the Southbend Stage 3 Daily Clutch with Single Mass Flywheel will handle over 580NM TORQUE. according to tuners and researchers it is enough to handle "stage 3 power figures"

keep in mind, peddle feel is heavy, and the single mass flywheel is chattery (like a twin plate in JDM terms)
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Users Country Flag

Manual clutch failure

Just had my 2015 manual R fry it's clutch at 28,000 kms. Slips in 3rd and above. It's drivable around town but full throttle is out of the question. Can hardly accelerate at all in 6th at motorway speeds. The car is completely stock and I've never had to replace a clutch in 26 years of driving manuals. It had given the odd warning over the last couple of weeks but nothing I could be certain of and nothing consistent. Today though it's stuffed.

I know the R manual clutch has had a few failure issues. Will be interesting to see what the dealer finds on Monday.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

That's no good, if it's not covered under warranty I wouldn't pay them to put a new OEM clutch back in.

Users Country Flag
    Car tuned? If it is then it's pretty normal as the manual clutch is the Achilles heel. If not tuned I would blame the clutch delay valve. Before I removed it I felt like I was riding the clutch. I've been driving a manual for 24 years.

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Dealer wouldn't let me take the car home once I told them what was happening. Seemed fine this morning when it was cold but once warmed up it was slipping in 2nd gear never mind 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th......
    I've got an Amarok to play with until they decide what's what.
    TBC...
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    i cooked my clutch at 7,000ks, at 9,000 i upgraded to a southbend stage 3 daily clutch kit, with a single mass flywheel, car now has 57,000ks and hasnt skipped a beat.
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Users Country Flag

ps: clutch inst covered under warranty.
    15 Golf R MK7
    Manual
    APR Tuned

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast