Page 318 of 334 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3333

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Tune the one you've got.
    Its lighter than a GTI, anyway, therefore corners better.

Interesting to note, the 110TSI has the same 0-100 time as a Mk7 GTD!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Kind of impossible to answer those questions as they all depend on what value you put on the extra stuff/performance the GTI offers over the Comfortline.

For me, I would say no. For 90%+ of driving the core driving experience is pretty similar between the two, power difference aside, and the GTI's additional electronic gizmos hold little appeal for me. But that's just me. I suspect many will say yes, the $20,000 extra is well worth it.

But I suspect your wife's opinion is the one that matters most. Best to let her test drive the GTI - despite being happy with the Comfortline she may love the GTI and be happy to outlay the extra moolah. If not, better to let her be. Happy wife, happy life.
    Last edited by Splashalot; 13-02-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Users Country Flag
    Why not wait till Q3 early Q4 this year check out the MK7.5 They have more upgrade compare to current model. Article about MK7.5 already out. Check out the MK7.5 thread to find out more.

Users Country Flag
    Potential downside is the tartan trim unless you go for the leather trim. If she likes the restrained styling of the Comfortline, the GTI could be too much for her. Sports seats in the GTI may be a sell point though as the support is greater than the lesser variants. Other than that, I agree with Splash's comments above. It is hard d to sell a performance vehicle to a person that doesn't value performance as the driving experience in 99% of instances will likely be barely discernible between them.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,

Thank you for the information in this thread - its great reading for someone looking to buy their first Golf.

I got offered $38.3k for a 110TSI Highline with luxury and DAP.

Spoke about the Mk 7.5, and didn't seem to sway them (in terms of needing to get rid of current stock).

The current offer is driveaway pricing. They were trying to say that because the RRP was 45k, and with the driveaway pricing (before negotiation) was 39.5, I'd already saved 5.5k, making any further negotiation impossible.

Anyone had any luck with a lower price deal, or would this be considered an ok price?

I would bolt on the 2 year VW manufacturer warranty regardless.

Thank you!
    m00g

$38.5k seems an excessive amount to spend on a Highline even with options.
    For that price you could get a very decent second hand GTI, 2016 with low KM.
    Apple carplay is a great feature especially if you are subscribed to apple music.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by m00g View Post
    Hi all,

Thank you for the information in this thread - its great reading for someone looking to buy their first Golf.

I got offered $38.3k for a 110TSI Highline with luxury and DAP.

Spoke about the Mk 7.5, and didn't seem to sway them (in terms of needing to get rid of current stock).

The current offer is driveaway pricing. They were trying to say that because the RRP was 45k, and with the driveaway pricing (before negotiation) was 39.5, I'd already saved 5.5k, making any further negotiation impossible.

Anyone had any luck with a lower price deal, or would this be considered an ok price?

I would bolt on the 2 year VW manufacturer warranty regardless.

Thank you!
    m00g
    I got my MY15 103 TSI Highline Wagon with DAP for $36k. That was through fleet and I knocked a few hundred bucks off it. Given Lux pack is $3k and hatch is $1.5k cheaper, I'd say you have a decent price, but it could be better. You probably still have a $1000 to $1500 to play with there (however, if memory serves me right, there was a price hike somewhere between MY15 and MY16). Have you tried another dealer?

If you really want them cheap, I'd wait for the MK7.5 to either get closer / actually land in the country.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

GTI Performance Exhaust Question

Hi ..I have recently bought a new GTI PP and of course its great except for one issue. As we all know the DSG races to get into 5th or 6th and when its in these gears and loping along at 60- 70 kmh and doing 1,500 revs the exhaust noise (drone) is quite intrusive. Has anyone else experienced this? or am i being too soft (coming from a 90 tsi).

I have reduced the soundaktor to 0% which made a slight difference.

Also is the exhaust on the PP the same as the standard GTI ?

If you'd rather PM than clogging up the forum that's fine.

cheers

I have a performance pack and exhaust sounds fine to me..... My MK6 GTI has more noise that the PP.

Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    I have a performance pack and exhaust sounds fine to me..... My MK6 GTI has more noise that the PP.
    thanks so does it drone at low revs ?

Page 318 of 334 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast