Page 317 of 334 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3333

Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LunchboxVRS View Post
    I assume your talking an early mk7 gti being in the mk7 forum.
    There are cheaper mk7 gti out there with dsg and leather In Melb. There a pp for 33k

LibraR: You will get a mk 6 r for that but a mk7 r is still around 40k up.
    Some mk7 R's with even fewer km on car sales listed from about $36k. Could potentially haggle down from there. Buyer's market for used cars at present...

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    I think the DSG oil was due to be changed at the 60k service? Can you confirm that was done?

If not, get it changed just to be safe, it'll set you back around $600-$800. Otherwise, I think the wet clutch DSGs are almost bulletproof if serviced correctly.

Ps. I know you said dealer did a "DSG service" for you free. What did that entail? I can't imagine them changing the oil for you free of charge given the cost normally involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will confirm about the Oil, but will make the point I want that done. If they won'tI'll ask for that to be done and just get it out of the way i guess.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Some mk7 R's with even fewer km on car sales listed from about $36k. Could potentially haggle down from there. Buyer's market for used cars at present...
    They say mk7 R but if you look at the picture there mk 6 R.

The cheapest on car sales is $39990 and it's private so might not budge as much
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    They say mk7 R but if you look at the picture there mk 6 R.

The cheapest on car sales is $39990 and it's private so might not budge as much
    Fair call, I stand corrected. Thanks 😀

Quote Originally Posted by agentthumb View Post
    I think the DSG oil was due to be changed at the 60k service? Can you confirm that was done?

If not, get it changed just to be safe, it'll set you back around $600-$800. Otherwise, I think the wet clutch DSGs are almost bulletproof if serviced correctly.

Ps. I know you said dealer did a "DSG service" for you free. What did that entail? I can't imagine them changing the oil for you free of charge given the cost normally involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    can confirm they did the oil! Also got 3 years extended warranty for less than 2k with the full option of being treated as if it was still factory warranty

Users Country Flag
    Realistically the car is worth 25-26k at those km from red book and from other cars for sale. 2k warranty puts it at 28k top. Wouldn't be paying 30k.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Realistically the car is worth 25-26k at those km from red book and from other cars for sale. 2k warranty puts it at 28k top. Wouldn't be paying 30k.
    Maybe its victorian prices? I've been watching carsales for 2-3 months this is cheapest by far with leather. All others were same year 40,000km for 34+. Interested where I'd find a cheaper one outside of carsales

Users Country Flag
    Did you check carpoint. There was a dsg with leather for 29899 but seems to have gone.
    http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...D-3568732&Cr=4
    I think you could get 2k off this one with out much effort and half the kms but it's going to come down to colour preference as well.
    If you went a manual there's a lot more choice but guessing your after dsg.
    You can use similar cars in other states to lower your price. Shipping is only a $500 affair around the east cost. You don't have to do it just tell them it's a better deal 2k cheaper minus $500 shipping you might get 1.5k off.
    If you signed the contract it might be hard though.
    Last edited by LunchboxVRS; 29-12-2016 at 03:28 PM.
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    If your primary criteria is price your gonna - on balance of probability - end up buying someone else's problems.

The golf gti is a performance car and as such an appreciation of how it has been driven and maintained may be worth considering...

There is no doubt you can buy a cheap one - but ask yourself why is it cheaper? Accident repair? Modified like crazy and returned to stock with heavy component wear? Bad driver that's kerbed wheels and bent suspension and cheaped out on a fix?

Do some digging, understand the history of the car and then make an informed choice. No doubt there are plenty of honest good cars owned by well intentioned owners out there - but there is also some cars to be wary of.

From experience mk7 Gtis have suspension that is excellent but complex and difficult to repair to the tight tolerances delivered from the factory. Inspect twice. Buy once.

Just sayin..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | Carbon | Manual | Current

Upgrade Golf 90 TSi Comfortline to GTi - Advice

Hello
    I am a long term owner of several Golfs and currently have a 2 and a bit years old Golf 7 TSi Comfortline 6 sp manual. This is technically my wife's car but I reckon I still end up driving it myself pretty regularly. I have long had an itch for a GTi but in the past few months this itch has become increasingly hard to scratch. Using a bit of man maths I have figured that purchase price (and arguably depreciation) aside the running costs of a GTi (ie fuel, tyres, servicing, insurance) are not going to be much higher than our current Golf.
    I should say "her" Golf, and therein lies my issue, in that my wife is perfectly happy with the current car. I thus need in my marketing campaign to highlight the benefits of a GTi, downplay the negatives and present all of this in a way that the additional expense can be made to appear justified!!
    I have not driven a current model GTI (simply because I am concerned I might just buy one without any pre marketing) and clearly I am not going to be able to get my wife to test drive one without giving the game away either. So my questions are as follows:
    - your thoughts on whether the spec sheet and all round package of the GTi over the 90 TSi Comfortline justify extra 20K purchase price
    - whether my wife would notice, perhaps adversely so, a difference in drivability, cabin ambience and ride comfort of the GTi compared to the Comfortline (noting she is not going to care two hoots about the extra performance, braking and roadholding capabilities of the GTi).
    - One option would be to look at a 2nd hand GTi. I am aware of Apple Play being introduced on I think 2016 models but having had a quick demo of this recently I must admit I felt just a little bit underwhelmed by it. Were there any other worthwhile upgrades for the later ie 2016 GTi model compared to the 2014 and 2015 models that would make these worth looking out for?
    - And perhaps related to the above are there any GTi specific gremlins/issues I should be aware of, particularly ones that might not be made apparent by someone selling theirs after a year or two of ownership?
    Many thanks for reading, and appreciate any comments good or bad.
    Last edited by ABCD; 13-02-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Page 317 of 334 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast