Support VWWC

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Users Country Flag

Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Big surprise,base motor is 90Tsi for Base Golf(no Trendline)and Comfortline also has 90 Tsi.
    103 TSI for Highline model ,also TDI in Highline range.
    Base Golf has steelies,15 in.,16 Mags for Comfortline.
    Comfortline has rev. camera,sensors,auto dim,auto lights,wipers,cloth.
    Alcantra in Highlines .
    5.8 screen std. in range opt up in Highlines.
    Approx driveaway all with DSG $28000,$31000 and $36,000,diesels extra.

Let the fun begin.

Beachie1
    Last edited by phaeton; 18-04-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the great info! 90TSI for the Comfortline might be a bit underpowered...
    VW Golf Mk7 90TSI Comfortline Pure White

Users Country Flag
    It would be interesting to see the sales breakup of the Mk6 Golf range as I wonder if poor sales of the 77TSI and 118TSI are the cause. Sort of sad there isn't a more powerful option, but then I suppose that's the GTI.

One thing I find a little strange across all makes and models is the existence of hub caps, surely steel wheels vs alloys don't make a significant impact on price. Sure I understand they can be used as an upsell to the "better" model... but I really hate hub caps.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    The 90TSI on mk7 is quoted (overseas) as 8.4s for the run to 100, which for that sort of car is pretty reasonable I think. I'd suspect the bulk of the advertising will be geared to the Euro style/interior and no doubt outstanding fuel economy. Those that want more will have no problem stepping up to GTI.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

New GTD is looking the goods based on the UK car config.
    Audi S3. Sold
    Golf R. Sold
    Citroen DS3 Dsport. Sold
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.

Interesting that the 103 Tsi engine is on the highline model only. After the initial rush for the new model I see this car being a tough sell for VW with this model Mix. Although I suspect the 103 engine will be dropped into the lower grade models at a later date. Certainly for me, if the 103 engine isn't in a sub $30000 package, then I will be buying elsewhere.

Users Country Flag
    I suppose *peak* power isn't everything, it's how it's delivered and how much torque it can put down, especially off idle and when wanting to overtake at speed.

Will be interesting to see what comes out and more importantly how it drives.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Yes the power is down but so is the weight. The Mk6 90TSI still feels fairly quick when you're in it, just not as immediate (turbo lag) or dramatic as the 118 (that said I find I don't rev into the turbo range much in the 118 so in that respect you could almost say the 90 would be more fun).

Then of course we're always told that Australians buy more GTIs than other countries which may have had a role as well. Booked in for a service in early May so I plan to test drive one then.
    Last edited by Ryan_R; 16-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.

$36K seems to be steep increase in price considering drop in power. Would have though it would only be marginal increase in price from out-going 118.

Passing on dealer intelligence for mk7 Golf

Isn't the 90TSI with the dumbed down rear suspension?

Ps I read about dealers getting preorders for the A45 AMG. Do VW accept preorders for something like the GTI which is already selling in Europe?

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast