Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Users Country Flag

The way I did the deal was call into the dealership and get a trade in figure then a start price. Called them a couple of months later and told the salesman what I'm prepared to pay and no more. After trying to get me to pay more and me declining their offer, he finally agreed to my offer. Much easier to do over the phone as that pressure is simply not there.

A bit like telling your girlfriend or wife it's over by phone call. Much less pressure.
    White MY17 Golf 7R with DSG and DAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    I too tried the configurator: For Melbourne the 92TSI Trendline manual comes up as $25,490 and the DSG as $27,990. That is MRDP (maximum recommended drive away price).

So unless you've loaded it up with options, it seems the salesman is trying one on. Not sure I'd trust anyone who tried that trick on me. Lots of dealers out there to choose from....
    The dealer seemed he didn't know what else to say initially when I told him about the manufacturer's recommended retail price. He just kept on saying that it is not right and asked if I got that off the official VW Australia. And he kept on saying his dealership is the biggest one in Australia. Anyway, there was no options on the car. Does $25,000 seem about right? Considering the drive away price is $27,990.

Am I being unrealistic to ask a broker to get $25,000 or even $25,500 from driveway price of $27,990 with inclusions of window tinting, floor mats, boot liner and premium number plate? I wanted to also include a 2 year VW extended warranty initially but I was told it's impossible. Could anyone please give me some heads up as it's almost end of the month. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Youdotinmymirror View Post
    Am I being unrealistic to ask a broker to get $25,000 or even $25,500 from driveway price of $27,990 with inclusions of window tinting, floor mats, boot liner and premium number plate? I wanted to also include a 2 year VW extended warranty initially but I was told it's impossible. Could anyone please give me some heads up as it's almost end of the month. Thanks!
    Which model are you looking at? Is it the comfort line tsi?

anyone reckon i can get a golf auto 20k driveaway considering is EOFY and they are in runout?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hibijibis View Post
    anyone reckon i can get a golf auto 20k driveaway considering is EOFY and they are in runout?
    Which model? I can ask my mate, on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

not fussed. base model auto is fine. maybe need to wait closer to EOFY?

Users Country Flag
    Hi - haven't seen a post here for a while, however interested in best prices people have achieved for a Golf Hatch Highline, with Infotainment and Drivers Assist packages. any help appreciated. thanks!
    Golf R | UG | DSG | 19" Silver | ACC | Leather | Viezu vRace | FIS+ Advanced | View car diary thread

Picked up a demo (600km) Golf R 7.5 fully optioned in Lapiz Blue for $60k drive away. Not sure if this a good deal or not - but don't think I overpaid!

The wait for a new one would have been 5 months so pretty happy with picking it up this week!

Only downside is it's MY17 - but meh - same car at the end of the day!

Blog Entries

What price should I be looking at for a demo 2017 trendline? I am considering upgrading our Polo and the dealer I usually buy from said they have a yellow one, automatic, for $24500. 6000km.

What are people paying new for these and as demos?

Also; is the new 5 year warranty applicable to Demos?
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast