Support VWWC

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Quote Originally Posted by Jz714 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a new golf in diesel, coz I'm doing about 100kms a day. Just got a quote from local dealership for a 2016 TDI highline $36500 wiout any extras, is it a reasonable price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes. I paid $37k 3 years ago for a new TDI Highline in Pacific Blue. Powerful little car and very efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but what have ppl paid for a GTI or R recently and from where?

Golf sales are down around 20% for 2016 so there must be some deal making going on?

Users Country Flag

VW Golf 92 TSI Comfortline Negotiation

Hello!

I'm about to buy my first brand new car and have chosen the Golf Comfortline and was wondering where i should start with negotiations and if anyone could help?

I want the Metallic Paint so thats an extra $500 and all together it brings the cost to $30,515.

Am i better to get them to throw things in? (rego, boot liner, floor mats ect) or try to get a lower price?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Users Country Flag

Lower price. Start from the base price, make a low ball offer and aim to meet at around 10% off. So I'd ask for 3k less on base price.

Once you agree on that price, then add extras on. You can also ask for free carpet etc on top.

Trick is be confident and be prepared to walk.

You will have to do the dance a few times.

Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Users Country Flag
    Definitely be prepared to walk. I've walked away twice and threatened it twice. It always works, especially if it's the last week of the month.

Know your target price and your inclusions before you go in. Be decisive; if you are hesitant they will have the upper hand.

If you have your partner or a mate with you, you can walk off and 'discuss' it and give you some breathing space to collect your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlock View Post
    Definitely be prepared to walk. I've walked away twice and threatened it twice. It always works, especially if it's the last week of the month.

Know your target price and your inclusions before you go in. Be decisive; if you are hesitant they will have the upper hand.

If you have your partner or a mate with you, you can walk off and 'discuss' it and give you some breathing space to collect your thoughts.

Haha the breather is a good technique. I once negotiated in person at a dealership while taking breathers on the phone to negotiate with another dealership.

I ended up with a better price over the phone, the physical dealer could have had the sale, but decided to try and call my bluff over a couple of hundred dollars. So I walked straight out and drove to the dealership I was on the phone with.

Also, @Eliza, the dealership will try their hardest (especially if you get a real good price on the car) to get you to pick up tinting, paint protection packages etc. don't fall for it. Their stuff is always way overpriced, and is done so the dealers can make some money. Just politely decline as you can get the same / better things aftermarket for way cheaper

Another technique I use, if you have access to fleet at work, is ask your work fleet for a quote. The fleet companies put the call out to multiple dealers and get the lowest prices back. I then use this price as a guide to the max I'm willing to pay. So I'll typically take the fleet price, take $2k off and use that as my starting position.

Last edited by agentthumb; 24-01-2017 at 03:05 PM.
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 92 TSI trendline and was wondering what sort of a good deal I should aim for. I've bought my MK6 GTI back in 2011 so I'm not very familiar with what sort of deal I should aim for in a lower model MK 7 Golf.

I see that there is MK 7.5 coming out in July so that looks pretty tempting but I was advised it would be a bit more expensive although more equipped. And I guess being a new model it would be harder to negotiate on price? Currently the driveway price for a curent 92 TSI trendline is $27,990 (RRP $30,490).

I've visited a dealership in Melbourne today and with a bit of effort I got it down to $26,500, without any freebies thrown in. Could the price be lower than that realistically and maybe even have stuff like 2 year extended warranty thrown in as well as floor matts and window tinting? The dealer was showing me the price of $700 for window tinting which is absolutely bs. Btw I'll be paying in cash and dealer seems to prefer a buyer with their finance. I've been trying to push with the fact that there is MK 7.5 coming out soon and I'll be paying in cash. Or would I be better off with using a broker for a better deal? Thanks for any advice.

I just had a look on VW Australia website and mrrp comes up as $26,840. I've checked with the dealer again and he insists that mrrp is $30,590? And he says he does this everyday for a living so he knows his stuff. Btw this is another $100 up from what he told me while we were having a test drive. So would $25,000 with 2 year extended warranty and windows tinting and rubber floor matts be achieveable? I'm thinking of using brokerage service as well. I'd appreciate any advice from any recent buyers. Thanks.
    Last edited by Youdotinmymirror; 24-03-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure that the difference in price isn't down to on-roads? The price that you'll get will depend on how keen the dealer is for the sale.

End of month will help your cause, especially if they're close on target.

Start low and let them drag you up.

MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

I too tried the configurator: For Melbourne the 92TSI Trendline manual comes up as $25,490 and the DSG as $27,990. That is MRDP (maximum recommended drive away price).

So unless you've loaded it up with options, it seems the salesman is trying one on. Not sure I'd trust anyone who tried that trick on me. Lots of dealers out there to choose from....
    Last edited by Splashalot; 25-03-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast