Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    I think you'll find they are by a long, long way. The average wage here is over $70,000pa.
    My experience with NZ tells me almost everything costs more, even basic food stuffs, and the incomes are a lot less. No wonder we have over 600,000 Kiwis living here.
    I know, I was trying to be sarcastic. Everything over here is charged at a premium rate and the incomes blow.

Users Country Flag
    I'm strongly considering buying a Golf. Is anyone able to help me out with price check on the 90TSI base model manual?

I'm 22 and just about to graduate Uni, this is a fairly big jump from my current car (1999 Honda Civic currently on 280,000KM). Old faithful needs to go!

For the record, I test drove the new Civic, Corolla and Mazda 3. Civic is too much like a spaceshuttle (huge arse to match), Corolla at the base version didn't really jump out to me as something I wanted to buy, Mazda 3 interior felt poorly designed/thrown together at the last minute especially the MZD screen! The classic functionality of the Golf is what appeals. I'm looking for economy and value.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Mitch
    Last edited by merrittmitchell; 20-10-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by merrittmitchell View Post
    For the record, I test drove the new Civic, Corolla and Mazda 3. Civic is too much like a spaceshuttle (huge arse to match), Corolla at the base version didn't really jump out to me as something I wanted to buy, Mazda 3 interior felt poorly designed/thrown together at the last minute especially the MZD screen! The classic functionality of the Golf is what appeals. I'm looking for economy and value.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Mitch
    I suggest you also drive the i30, Focus and Cruze. Then you'll really appreciate just how much better than any of its opposition the mk7 Golf is. Mine is a base 90 TSI manual with 16" Comfortline alloys. You should get a non optioned base model for around $23k driveaway.
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Users Country Flag
    @Mountainman I've test driven the i30, mazda 3 and honda civic hatch. Agree on your point, MK7 is great value.

$23k seems reasonable.

Few questions; Where/When did you buy yours? Which colour did you go for? Did you consider going up to the comfortline?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by merrittmitchell View Post
    Few questions; Where/When did you buy yours? Which colour did you go for? Did you consider going up to the comfortline?
    Purchased at Norris (Kedron) in June last year. They had a white one like I wanted and also had a set of the Comfortline 16" Toronto wheels off another car that was waiting to be delivered with the optional 18" black Motorsport wheels. They charged $900 extra for that. I really did take awhile to decide to save the $3500 extra that was being charged for the Comfortline at the time (I notice the difference at moment is over $6000 because VW are doing a special drive away price just on the base model of $22990) The main item I wanted off the Comfortline was the wheels, but also the dual zone climate control and the rear camera were the other main things it would have been nice to have. Lots of other little things like under seat drawers, overhead sunglasses holder, rear seat centre armrest, the brushed metal look on the centre console inlay would have been nice but I couldn't give a stuff about the auto headlights and wipers and I actually prefer the seat upholstery on the base model. After the deal with the wheels the extra $2600 for those items seemed a lot extra for a car that I drove away in for $24200. At the time there was no special drive away deal going but I found it easy to get a discount of $2667.30. Norris were charging a dealer delivery of $2990 at the time so basically I ate into most of that. I had no trade which helps in negotiations (and I really didn't do much of that).

When I was about to drive out in it they said it was the only one leaving the dealership without any floor mats and they threw in a set of front ones for it. After 16 months and 54,000km of driving I still can't believe I have such a nice quality car compared with the other stuff around it at the similar price (and I've driven most of them) and it has been flawless - the most perfectly behaved car of the 13 new (or almost new) cars I've bought over the last 42 years.
    Last edited by Mountainman; 01-11-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the insight Mountainman! I'll see what deal I can get and report back. The old floor mat negotiation hey?

Users Country Flag
    Push them for fuel too... I was told I'd get about 1/3 of a tank as standard

So has anybody seen an MY15 Golf in the flesh?

I haven't seen any, either on the street or a VW showroom.

I'm expecting our soon to be delivered standard GTI to be a MY15 however I believe the only way to tell the difference between MY14 and MY15 is a “40 Years Golf” decal on the back.

I'm really hoping the MY15 irons out some of the little niggles people are reporting, eg. passenger side rattle & driver side windscreen wiper smudge.
    Last edited by Moonee; 01-11-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I sat in mine last Friday (while it's still in the dealer garage subject to recall) and today, thanks to the dealer, showed my daughter (who has ASD and doesn't cope well with change) one that was sitting in the yard this afternoon so she could acquaint herself with the seating. Checking the VIN on mine confirms that it is indeed an MY15 version...

Fingers crossed that by mid next week I actually take possession of it.

I've had an MY15 wagon for about a month. It had the "40 years" decal. Buggered if I know what other difference there are.

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast