Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk7 Golf - Australian Specifications and Prices (Base, Comfortline and Highline)

Yep, still a nice cake, but not quite ready yet, and some of the icing isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by b c View Post
    Yep, still a nice cake, but not quite ready yet, and some of the icing isn't available.
    It always happens like that... For now let's rejoice in the 90TSI's brilliance and its astonishing $21,490 price tag...
    AUTOBLOGAUSTRALIA : http://autoblogaustralia.blogspot.com.au
    Volkswagen Launch Press Reports, New Model Press Releases...
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!
    Created by An Enthusiast for Fellow Enthusiasts

I'm going to take the 90TSI Manual, (the base model) for a long test drive through the Yarra Ranges in a couple of days. And with that want to know what you guys would like to have covered, have a read of my old reviews and let me know what I ought to focus on, what I need to improve, and above all else I'd love to accept any special requests for the drive. A list of dot points will be fine. I'm so excited to share as much information as possible as well as my personal opinions with you guys about this outstanding car.

So there we go, I'm taking your "to do" list for me.
    Passionate, Honest and Simple New Car Reviews, Interesting Information and So Much More!!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Look very closely on the power-train specs at the end as well as the seat trims... They're from the MK6. Some person was putting the brochure together and had no interest in what they were doing, completely dispassionate and they probably couldn't care less if it was a brochure for a sewing machine or a car... Real sad VW Australia...
    Good pickup. I noticed the brown leather was not in the brochure.

I am disappointed the electric seats are still not an option! That can't be right considering all the other technology on offer????
    Skoda Octavia Mk3
    (sold) Golf Mark 6 Comfortline 118
    (sold) Golf Mark5 Comfortline Manual 2.0 FSI

The errors are just errors but why oh why does VW Australia always pick that Corn Silk Beige stuff??? We don't want a Camry, but a sharp german vehicle! The brown leather is something sublime in the Mk.7.

I think it looks pretty good in my car (looks more cream than beige)

Quote Originally Posted by Golf7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVIGTI View Post
    Do the Oz spec Golfs get the false floor in the boot also?
    Yup, they sure do! All of them.
    When left in place, does the false floor result in reduced boot depth compared with the Mark V / VI (but greater depth when removed)?

On another note, props (to use American Idol's Randy Jackson's preferred term of praise) to VW for adding an RVC across the Mark VII range (of course it should have been standard in the Mark VI Golfs from the GTI up and in any model with a large format display).

On the other hand, no props for DAB+ not being standard across the Mark VII range in 2013. That's even less excusable than leaving an RVC out of the Mark VI GTIs. To add insult, I saw a Toyota Camry with DAB+ yesterday.

Interesting blog from our resident blogger.

In terms of the post here: Auto Blog Australia: VW Golf GTI Launch Information on the Mark VII GTI, perhaps Mark (Golf7) could explain why it refers to the 2015 model year?

The post also refers to an electric driver's seat option for the Mark VII GTI but, of course, without a memory function, motorisation can be more hindrance (slower) than help.

I gather still no front seat tilt function on any Australian-spec Golfs, which would be much more useful than motorisation. I know this was available in US-built GTIs.

While a bit of a shame from my point of view, the rationalisation of transmission options in Highline Golfs is understandable from an inventory management perspective. I understand that Honda has done something similar with its Accord Euro Luxury. I am sure both companies will continue to be uninundated with requests for manual transmissions with "luxury" versions of their respective models.

I look forward to seeing DAB+ in later Mark VII Golfs, front seat tilt adjustment in the Mark VIII, and an electric driver's seat with memory function in the Mark IX and in the meantime to seeing the Mark VII GTI with 6MT. It should be a cracker!

At least they all have bluetooth with A2DP as standard so you can stream digital radio stations via the TuneIn app (although needs Internet and quality will be low). I was hoping for DAB+ as well. Hopefully the GTI will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold View Post
    terms of the post here: Auto Blog Australia: VW Golf GTI Launch Information on the Mark VII GTI, perhaps Mark (Golf7) could explain why it refers to the 2015 model year?
    because those specs seem to be for a US spec GTI. they wont get it until 2014 so it will be labelled a 2015 model.

I'll throw a curly question out there.... does anyone know if the various improved Intercoolers purchased to use on a Mk6 GTI will fit a Mk7? (i.e. the S3 or APR one)

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast