Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1211

Thread: Mk7.5 Golf - News and Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by crainger View Post
    Hmm, I might have to go for an Eco drive and do some testing/listening.
    Found mine to have limited power when mashing the Petrol pedal for overtaking... might be mistaken but did not use Eco mode again.
    D for Driving , S for sport and R for you get the idea

Users Country Flag
    Can anyone explain how the manoeuvre braking works. Ive been trying to see if I can set it off without actaully damaging my car when parking. But it wont activate!
    the user manual says “manoeuvre braking is inactive when park distance control has been automatically activated” this doesnt sound right, does it? As soon as you start parking the park distance control automatically comes on deactivating the manoeuvre braking right when you would actually need it!
    The manual also says the “manoeuvre braking function becomes inactive for five metres after a brake application” so if im braking when parking it wont work either?
    Does anyone have any experience with it? My car was a factory order delivered last week so im pretty sure its MY18.5 and has this feature

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with it? My car was a factory order delivered last week so im pretty sure its MY18.5 and has this feature
    When I reverse out of my driveway, a bush on the side triggers the sensors to beep at me, and the steepness of the driveway sometimes (maybe 1 out of 1o times) triggers the manuver braking to bring me to a stop. The grinding noise it makes always makes me think I've scrapped the car on the ground, but nope, it's just the brakes.
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Users Country Flag
    That might explain why, on two occasions, I thought I’d grounded the rear pipes when reversing, only to get out and find no damage...
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    Can anyone explain how the manoeuvre braking works. Ive been trying to see if I can set it off without actaully damaging my car when parking. But it wont activate!
    the user manual says “manoeuvre braking is inactive when park distance control has been automatically activated” this doesnt sound right, does it? As soon as you start parking the park distance control automatically comes on deactivating the manoeuvre braking right when you would actually need it!
    The manual also says the “manoeuvre braking function becomes inactive for five metres after a brake application” so if im braking when parking it wont work either?
    Get someone to stand in front of the car when you're inching forward. That'll activate it !
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveMc View Post
    Get someone to stand in front of the car when you're inching forward. That'll activate it !
    Probably safer to use something soft like a pool noodle haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    MY13 Golf GTI DSG (SOLD)| Candy White | 18" Detroits | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Street Guardian SG9665C
    MY18 Golf R DSG | Indium Grey | 19" Spielbergs | DAP | Sunroof | Viofo A119v2 (front) | BlueSkySea B1W (rear)
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman View Post
    Probably safer to use something soft like a pool noodle haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    The Mother In Law will do it gladly if she knows it's to test a safety feature !
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,
    Im newish to the forum and after some advise please. I have a golf R wagon 7.5. The daytime running lights come on once the engine is running. I want to be able to isolate them so I can turn them on and off. VW dealership says it can't be done and 2 auto electricians are reluctant to playground with it. Thanks in advance

Users Country Flag
    That’s easy - turn turn your headlights on and the DRLs turn off...

Why on earth would you want to turn them off anyway? They are a safety feature. Just put the light switch on auto and forget about them. Only time you ever need to turn your lights on manually is in thick fog.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag

VCDS (or OBDEleven) can change the coding so that the DRL becomes a menu item in the radio that you can turn on/off.
    Micro-CAN VCDS

Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast