Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK7.5 Drive mode

MK7.5 Drive mode and personalization via key

Anyone got it?

Just fitted button and got it activated by the dealer.

Seems on a pre facelift Sportsvan it was working better.

If i turn off ignition and it was in Eco mode, next time it says it's still in Eco mode - but DSG suggests D1 not E1.
    Last edited by komoornik; 18-01-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Users Country Flag
    It drops the sport profile back to normal gearbox as standard with ignition off, (as stated in the manual) never tried eco

But do you mean just the DSG sport mode?

I mean Drive Mode - Eco / Normal / Sport / Individual

Users Country Flag
    Yep, goes from s1 to d1 on the dash

Yeah, i know that and it was always like that.

But i strictly mean Drive Mode on the whole car.

But I guess manual is saying the engine/dsg may switch to normal - which is weird, because for sure it was kept on prefacelift Golf SV.
    Last edited by komoornik; 18-01-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by komoornik View Post
    Anyone got it?

Just fitted button and got it activated by the dealer.

Seems on a pre facelift Sportsvan it was working better.

If i turn off ignition and it was in Eco mode, next time it says it's still in Eco mode - but DSG suggests D1 not E1.
    Yeah same in my GTI. I need to switch out of Eco and back in to get to the E shifting. I thought it was so the car could warm up, but after 10 min it still didn't switch back to E.

Doesn't bother me too much, I'm normally in Normal, Comfort or Sport.

And how about the personalization feature? It was added too with driving mode selection. I got new menu in infotaiment, but i do not have the option to choose drivers on AID when turning on the ignition.

YouTube

I do not have that welcome screen on AID

Tried searching for coding or adaptation but found nothing.
    Last edited by komoornik; 18-01-2018 at 09:15 AM.

I've noticed when I switch from Normal to Race and then back to Normal that the "Auto stop/start" function has switched itself back on.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Glad I searched before asking the same question. I am trying the different modes in my new 2018 GTi 7.5 and when re-starting after being in ECO the DSG is back to D1 rather than E1. Weird thing is the display on the centre console still says ECO mode but its not in that mode. Pressing ECO again will put it back in that mode after a restart of the car. Will try SPORT as well but expect the same thing will happen. Will play with the individual mode and see what the DSG does as I can pick and chose different configurations.

Users Country Flag

Only the transmission goes back into Normal (D) the rest of the car is still in Eco. Like the engine sound and cornering lights. That's why it still says Eco.
    The same happens for Sport, but it's an easy pull of the shifter. No easy fix to go back into Eco though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast