Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MIBII Not Working Intermittently

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    I was told by the dealership that I just had to wait, the customer care centre sent an email on 25/9/15 saying someone will contact me in 2-3 business days.
    On top of the original problem I now have no phone connection or satnav either.
    13+ weeks is ridiculous.
    It's probably not on the high priority list with Volkswagen right now.

I had to fight for 6 months to get a new engine/ cooling system in our MY14 GTI which we no longer own. It would go months with not hearing a word from VW.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Test the process you use to enter the car.

I am now in week 14 of dealing with this problem.
    Every morning on start up and any time the car sits for 8hrs or more.
    Usually 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter.
    The reset technique does nothing for my vehicle, neither does restarting the car.
    Now when it does come on I have no phone connection and no satnav.
    VW Customer care has stopped responding to my emails (back in September) and I have been told I just have to wait for a fix!
    If I was as unscrupulous as VW I would offload the car to an unsuspecting dealer and buy something else.
    Try a couple of different methods of unlocking the car. For example use the touch pad on the drivers door one morning and then the remote next morning and see if there is a different response from the car. I find that I have to shut it down, get out and relock the car and then start again by using the touch pad. It worked for me.

Park pilot not available

This is starting to sour my experience with the MIB2 system, while selecting reverse I am getting a warning pop up box " Park pilot not available" which does not show the reverse camera's image. Camera has activated (eg: opened in the rear badge).
    Third failure this week.
    Come on Volkswagen fix your sh*t up and release an update.

Anyone out there with the same problem please let the forum know.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

I am having the exact same problem mate.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm another member experiencing problems with my MIB II . I've also been told that I have to wait for a fix. My service rep mentioned that it could take up to 2 months.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'd be betting, with the Melbourne Cup tomorrow, that they have a rather large workload at the moment with the Diesel issue to resolve so unless they suddenly got a load of new staff, things like this are going to slow down even more than usual. 13 weeks to get a solution is a bit rugged. I was just thinking have you tried the "Factory Reset" menu option?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    This is starting to sour my experience with the MIB2 system, while selecting reverse I am getting a warning pop up box " Park pilot not available" which does not show the reverse camera's image. Camera has activated (eg: opened in the rear badge).
    Third failure this week.
    Come on Volkswagen fix your sh*t up and release an update.

Anyone out there with the same problem please let the forum know.
    I got the same issue for my MY16 R this morning as well. Any updates for the fix?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    It's probably not on the high priority list with Volkswagen right now.

I had to fight for 6 months to get a new engine/ cooling system in our MY14 GTI which we no longer own. It would go months with not hearing a word from VW.
    Brendan: Hello - sorry to hear about your problem! Just out of interest (I don't have a MIBII unit), does the right side reversing light work when you have trouble with the reversing camera? The reason that I ask is because the initiating signal for turning-on the reversing camera comes from the right-side reversing light.

Not sure if you know about wiring diagrams, but here's my pared-down version of the pertinent bit of the circuit

You can see the that the video signal from the RVC connects to PIN #6 & 12 of the infotainment unit (the MIBII), but the initiating signal comes from the reverse switch which makes the BCM (Body Control Module) produce a voltage on PIN #64 (connector T73a - which means the 73 pin connector on the "A" socket). Now PIN#64 also supplies power to the right side reversing light - hence my question

Hope this all makes sense - sorry if I have confused you
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lu9999 View Post
    I got the same issue for my MY16 R this morning as well. Any updates for the fix?
    Mine has failed every single morning for the past 6 months, and there is no mention yet for when a fix will become available.
    I have my NCAT hearing against the dealership next Tuesday, hopefully something good will come of it because I'm fed with this crap!
    Lapiz 7R DSG APR Stage 1, APR Intake

Mine has failed every single morning for the past 6 months, and there is no mention yet for when a fix will become available.
    I have my NCAT hearing against the dealership next Tuesday, hopefully something good will come of it because I'm fed with this crap!
    I find it both incredible that this situation could exist for so long. That the problem exists is difficult to understand but six months on and no solution is simply mind boggling. What makes them think this is acceptable?

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast