Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps and POIs for Discover Media

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Is it me, or have navigation.com now removed the downloads from their website? I get to this page, and it says to visit your VW dealer, you get it free now with every service...

VW_APAC
    I did read somewhere that VW are doing free map upgrades with each service for the first 5 years.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Once you locate the Volkswagen page find your head unit and click on it, took me directly to download page for May 2017 release (MIB 2).
    I was clicking on the year

Users Country Flag
    Could someone guide me for mib1

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmacky View Post
    I use DiscoverCare to update my maps. DiscoverCare < Innovation & Technology < Volkswagen International

Maps you want to select is "Multi Region Map 2".

Pretty straight forward. Am I missing something as to the all the fuss about getting dealers to update etc?

(Downloading new version now too)

Hi

Does it update the software as well or just the map?

Users Country Flag
    Just the maps

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Just the maps

You know anywhere to update the software? or have to go to a dealer?

Users Country Flag
    Yeah unfortunately unless there is a tpi you will have to hassle the dealer for an update.

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by mpierce View Post
    Similar problem happened on my 2016 Golf R. There was a service bulletin from USA about the version of software on the unit. It required a new head unit as old unit would not take the 3 updates the dealer tried to do. Look up my old posts as I discussed it.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Posting in the right thread...

So after requesting a maps update in my latest service I was told by South Yarra VW that there were no updates for my car. This is despite the new airport road and peninsula link not being in my maps and the data says 2014. So I rang VW customer care and they said we're not sure. 3 days later they say yes, there are updates, call your dealer. I called the dealer and they said no there are no updates. I said well VW told me there is, so can you find out please. I booked it in and said I will wait around while the maps get updated, when I got there they said they need it for the whole day. I said don't be ridiculous you only need to copy a file onto the card and it should only take a few minutes....silly me.

I've downloaded the new maps, put them on the card and now have the problem from the previous post that the Infotainment unit shuts down completely a few minutes after turning it on. WTF...this is my third VW and the owner experience has deteriorated significantly with each one.

Can I just have a Golf R with maps that show me where I am and no can of ball bearings in the engine bay?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post

So after requesting a maps update in my latest service I was told by South Yarra VW that there were no updates for my car. This is despite the new airport road and peninsula link not being in my maps and the data says 2014. So I rang VW customer care and they said we're not sure. 3 days later they say yes, there are updates, call your dealer. I called the dealer and they said no there are no updates. I said well VW told me there is, so can you find out please. I booked it in and said I will wait around while the maps get updated, when I got there they said they need it for the whole day. I said don't be ridiculous you only need to copy a file onto the card and it should only take a few minutes....silly me.

I've downloaded the new maps, put them on the card and now have the problem from the previous post that the Infotainment unit shuts down completely a few minutes after turning it on. WTF...this is my third VW and the owner experience has deteriorated significantly with each one.

Can I just have a Golf R with maps that show me where I am and no can of ball bearings in the engine bay?
    They replaced my head unit and software is now the new version which has the new roads you refer to. I did not download any new maps for my unit. The only thing I've updated is my POI. This allows me to have the location of all speed cameras. VW had my car for the day doing the head unit and software updates.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post

Hey mate...does your car have CarPlay? Probably stating the obvious here but I connected my phone via CarPlay and am using Google Maps as my nav...works and looks much better than the in-car sat nav. But yes...that doesn't solve your problem.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast