Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps and POIs for Discover Media

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboboz View Post
    Was good having updated maps on our recent holiday trip but I have to say the VW GPS does some daft routing...
    Have to agree. I have the new Tiguan with Discover Media and it seems to like to avoid freeways and highways. In country Victoria it wanted to take me down a 'dirt' road shortcut. I'm not sure why we can't have live traffic in Australia either. Google maps showed a much more sensible route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wiredless View Post
    Have to agree. I have the new Tiguan with Discover Media and it seems to like to avoid freeways and highways. In country Victoria it wanted to take me down a 'dirt' road shortcut. I'm not sure why we can't have live traffic in Australia either. Google maps showed a much more sensible route.

Check your route preferences. It looks like you have avoid motorways and/or tolls activated.

Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    Check your route preferences. It looks like you have avoid motorways and/or tolls activated.
    Thanks IsDon - I'll check and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    I had a look at the route options. The "avoid" options are not checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by booba View Post
    Hey guys, mib1 owner here with the original 2013 maps i think. has anyone has success in with brisbane dealers for mapcare fix?
    After my experiences with Wangara VW, trying to update a 2013 mib1 system and, after 7 months, finally getting upgraded to late 2015, vs 2016, maps and mib2 (see post above, top of p 36), I can only suggest pushing hard at any local dealer, but expect a brick wall (much like Trump's) of lack of knowledge and interest. Good luck - I was driving off road cross-country at 100 km/h again yesterday!

Users Country Flag

Red face Reflashed & updated by VW at service

I put my MY14 Golf 103TSI (MIB1 eith V1 SD card) into my local VW dealership in Jan 17 for its 3yr/45k service as it was close to end of warranty.

They reflashed the firmware in the media unit to correct the pronunciation issues and also update the maps to the latest ROW2016 free of charge. Each is a separate process. The GPS is more responsive. They even stuck a pretty little sticker on the face of the unit when I picked the car up so i knew it was done.

Plaudits for VW Service.

Trent L

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure you got the latest maps?

Mine are ROW 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Mine are 2017 also and did it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fontana302 View Post
    Are you sure you got the latest maps?

Mine are ROW 2017.
    Definitely ROW2016 and mine was done by VW in Jan 2017.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adhock View Post
    Wangara VW strike again!
    - Tried for map update in July 2016, after following this thread. Was told nothing available, call back in a couple of months.
    - Got the email from VWA, rang again, to be told they were having troubles implementing updates on older Mk 7 Golfs (mine is the first mk 7 wagon on the streets in Perth probably, built late 2013 in the Black Forest).
    - Asked for maps to be updated during a service last week. Was told the maps in the car were the latest available for my car. They are the v1 2013 maps! I responded that I knew they were a few updates out and MapCare needed to be turned on to update, and offered the ROW 2017 maps (Nov 2016 release, July 2016 datestamp) on a USB stick. Booked in for today for another try, after turning down an offer to look at them again when next serviced. Not waiting til January 2018 thank you.

- Today, maps upated, after implementing MapCare and supplying a new v2 card, since the old v1 card didn't work. Woohoo. Assured they were the latest in the system at Wangara VW (yes I'm now naming the dealer - was more polite/discrete previously, but enough's enough). Only one problem - the maps are ROW 2016, July 2015 datestamps!

Aaargh. No wonder VW has a bad rep at times. At least now I can maybe try to update them myself, as others have done.
    I had my unit reflashed (update & voice correction) and new maps loaded by VW in Newcastle early January 2017 and they are also ROW2016. My guess is that the dealerships/service centres don't get the mapupdates supplied by VW Central as soon as they are released.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast