Support VWWC

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Maps and POIs for Discover Media

Users Country Flag

Wow, that's some slow downloading, gonna take a week at this rate. Everybody else stop downloading so I can get it faster.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks to sucnip, currently sitting on 30%
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, I'll have a look over the weekend, hopefully the nav pro maps are there.

Begs the Question, where is our (Australia & New Zealand) official portal to this service?

Where are the three years of free updates I am supposed to have access to for my nav pro?
    Last edited by BFPO40; 10-12-2014 at 07:33 AM.

Strange, my DL is going quite well... Started 38 mins ago, already downloaded 70% of it.... Coming down over 1mb/sec.
    Last edited by kryten2001; 09-12-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I'll have to look at this! I still think it's outrageous just how bad the VW and Audi nav is , let's alone the voice recognition software and the pronunciations. I actually have to just laugh at it or I'd be furious with it. Extremely embarrassing for a German engineered device. Dads S3 has a MUCH higher definition screen but the same appalling voice. The Merc A250 Sport I had for a time puts the VWA system to shame. Hard to fault the Golf VII otherwise though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 Mk VI GTI-Red/Manual/Detroits/Park assist/Leather/MDI/Sunroof/Bi-Xenons/Chassis Control/Elec Driver's seat/5 Door/Tint
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R Matte Blazing Orange
    1971 Mini Clubman GT

Users Country Flag
    I got it all downloaded but car yet to be delivered. Maps and POIs for Discover Media did it just incase the links don't work in future. Did you all updated? Anybody got the chance to confirm new maps! I wish I got the car, here in Canberra there are plenty of new suburbs.
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

I'm not sure these maps are the same as what you'd be supplied by a VW dealer. As far as I'm aware, Australian VW map data is sourced from Sensis? (That's certainly the case for the previous generation RNS-510 headunit fitted to most other VW models.)

This may be a competitor's product. Perhaps just bear that in mind and make sure you still have your original maps SD card before installing these ones. Caveat emptor.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    I'm not sure these maps are the same as what you'd be supplied by a VW dealer. As far as I'm aware, Australian VW map data is sourced from Sensis? (That's certainly the case for the previous generation RNS-510 headunit fitted to most other VW models.)

This may be a competitor's product. Perhaps just bear that in mind and make sure you still have your original maps SD card before installing these ones. Caveat emptor.
    Sensis supplied the AU and NZ maps for previous RNS models, not for the Discover Media and Pro.

The current map series appear to originate in Central Europe and those in use here cover most of the world outside the UK, EU and North America — which probably accounts for the weird pronunciation of street names here, and also the huge download (it took me two attempts to get a clean copy.)

My 2013 model has an earlier map series than the one here (1st series issued in 2012, which got updated at the car's first service in October to a June 2014 issue which operates rather differently and I'm finding I have to re-learn it.)

If I set up a destination in the garage (offroad,) it wants to take me on a 2KM round-the-block detour to the main road (which is less than 150M away) — the original didn't do that, nor did the Sensis maps on the RNS510.

I'll be interested to see if the new one works on my card (it may be for the second series card, which I'm told won't work in my unit.)
    Last edited by Idle; 10-12-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Anybody tried this yet?

Users Country Flag

Great info sucnip, I will be downloading this to have a look at it for sure when I get home.

While at work I have been looking at the site in different regions and I must say Australia is cock blocked on everything the reset of the world gets free then we are made to pay for it when it is available here.

"They" wonder why Australia has the highest rate of illegal downloads, how about making it available here! (possibly at the same price as other countries not double just because its Australia)

I cant wait to DL this and pull the audio files apart, I still have not done this to my OEM SD card as 1. I did not want to pay the dealership to fix it and 2. my Satnav has only been used half a dozen times since I got the car but I must say the pronunciation is a good laugh when I do use it.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast