Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.

Update: I'm still waiting for the vcds cable that I got on the web to arrive at my home.

The shop that I installed the headlights made a series of testing, like double checking the cables and everything.

They did a curious test, which was to invert the sides of the headlight. Put the left on the right side of the car and the right one on left side. The result was: ONLY THE LEFT SIDE BLINKS in Parking light(position light), and the rest works just fine.

They put back the original lights and there was woking parking light on both sides, dispite of what I said some posts before(my bad).

And I got the manufacture name: Sonar

I'm very confused.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
    Last edited by pedroanno; 23-10-2015 at 04:09 PM.

I changed the values of these channels and it is still flickering.

Any idea?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroanno View Post
    I changed the values of these channels and it is still flickering.

Any idea?

pedroqnno: good evening. I've been watching your posts with interest and I'm sorry to hear that you problem persists.
    Not sure that I entirely understand your issue, but I suspect that more information is needed before suggesting a way forward.

Questions:
    1. I assume that your car started with halogens and you installed the LED/HIDs as a retrofit. Is this correct?
    2. I'm not familiar with the Sonar kits, but I assume that there was a wiring loom change made to transfer from the 10 x PIN halogen connector to the 14 x PIN LED/HID fittings. If so, what pin numbers from the incandescent 10 PIN connector did you use for the problem lamp (this determines which BCM PIN is involved and therefore which Leuchte-set is responsible for controlling the problem lamp)?
    3. If you have read my paper on Leuchte programming, you will have understood that the setting in the "Lasttype" channel for each exterior light tells the BCM what type of lamp is installed. Originally, the "Lasttype" setting for the headlights would have specified incandescent fittings. When you changed to LEDs, did you alter any of the Lasttype settings to LED type for those lamps that were LEDs? The issue here is that incandescent lamps are a voltage device, but LEDs are a current device. When lamps are dimmed, it's important that the dimming process is compatible with the type of light that is installed. LEDs are particularly sensitive to the dimming process and the Lasttype setting establishes this dimming medium
    4. A common problem with HID installations that sometimes cause flickering (particularly when LEDs are dimmed) is bad earth connections, loose pin connections and low battery voltage - have you discarded these as a possibility?
    5. Have you completed an auto-scan on your car since the new headlight fittings were installed - If so, can you post-up a copy?
    6. Have you undertaken an adaptation map for the BCM in your car yet? If so, can you post it on a third party hosting site (like dropbox) and post a link here to the CSV file?

cheers
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 27-10-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hello, Don

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, my car originally came with halogen lights and I got this Sonar kit from the web, here in Brazil. The seller told me that was a plug and play device, and the connectors really matches...So there was no physical mods.

I didn't changed the lamp type on "Lasttype" channel. I've checked on your paper(good job) how to do this, and I will modify later today.
    The cables and connectors was all double checked.

I'll post detailed photos of these connectors and a video showing the flickering. Also the auto scan and the adaptation map later today.

Kudos from Brazil!

Hey, Don

Thank you so much!

The step 3 solved my problem.

Once again, thank you!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroanno View Post
    Hey, Don

Thank you so much!

The step 3 solved my problem.

Once again, thank you!

pedroanno:
    ótimo para ouvir o seu sucesso - bem feito!

Glad it worked for you! Well done1
    Cheers
    Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Don saves the day again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf MK7 103TSI Highline Wagon | Limestone Grey | DAP2
    Golf MK7 110TDI Highline Hatchback | Tungsten Silver | DAP

LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.LEFT DRL LED (UU) flickering on Parking Light function.

Hi Don.

I have a golf mk7 match and have bought some aftermarket led DRL headlights (GTi style).

The drls work fine until the low beam bulbs are switched on - at this point on one lamp one of the DRL 'hoops' turns off and the other flickers. On the other lamp both 'hoops' turn off.

I'm guessing this is related to the issue you are trying to fix here.

The problem is I can't find the leutch settings on my VCDS, I have searched high and low and can find nothing to do with lighting.

Please help.

Cheers,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    pedroanno:
    ótimo para ouvir o seu sucesso - bem feito!

Glad it worked for you! Well done1
    Cheers
    Don
    Don please help me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast