Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: LED Numberplate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NCGR1 View Post
    Not sure I see the issue here. You certainly don't want the plate to be any more visible than to be legal. You certainly don't want the rear of the car to be a mass of white light. Yellowish lighting would certainly look better than white-white lighting.
    At this stage my Highline with Xenons only has "yellow" light from the cornering lights and the boot light - the rest are LEDs or white. Getting the plate lights changed to LEDs was just getting what I'd paid for and expected, and I find the consistency of white (vs a mix of white and yellow) aesthetically pleasing. If you don't have xenons or a Highline, then a mix of white and yellow might not be as pleasing.

I agree

Either type of light illuminates the number plate adequately to be read at night so I don't think the LEDs make you more obvious. The white also looks a hell of a lot better - I also have bi-xenons with LED DRLs and LED fog lights so the consistency of white light around the car looks better.

LED Rego plate globes

Hi All

Just had the VCDS coding done to accept led rego globes, can anyone recommend a set to buy? so many on email at varius prices.

cheers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789