Support VWWC

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Numberplate Lights

Users Country Flag

i got the HID option for my 103tsi, according to the brochure it should also come with the LED plate lights.
    but it didnt come with them though, will chase the dealer!
    MY14 Golf MK7 103 TSI Highline | DSG 7 spd | Pacific Blue | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |
    MY12 Passat B7 118 TSI | DSG 7 spd | Silver |

Users Country Flag
    gave a call to the new car manager and asked me where i saw this, i said the brochure, he said he will have a look.
    Called me back in 3 mins and said drop your car i will get a tech to look at it if they are not led lights he will change it for me.

I think you're right, they just wanted to leave it, not too many people will pay attention to the description on the brochure.

But anyway, I'm happy, had my car for almost 6 months and they can still do it.

Will drop my car for my next appointment, got some funny sound from my power train during low speed...
    MY14 Golf MK7 103 TSI Highline | DSG 7 spd | Pacific Blue | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |

Users Country Flag
    Same here, dealer called me back to say they are getting the led lights in for me
    Ordered mkVII GTI - carbon steel - DSG - bi xenon - leather - sunroof

and yet my dealer spoke to VWA and said they claim a printing error and won't do it, and so they won't do it at the dealer level...

It's good to see some dealers are replacing the led lights out of their own pockets.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag
    Poor form really, so if you print a brochure saying it walks your dog and does 0-100 in 2.5 seconds, sell a bunch and then say "whoops brochure error!" its a-ok?. I know its a cheap part and probably not worth the hassle but I wonder if the tv show The Checkout would be interested in this.
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by b c View Post
    and yet my dealer spoke to VWA and said they claim a printing error and won't do it, and so they won't do it at the dealer level...
    Did the dealer really speak to VWA or did they just say that they spoke to VWA??

I think they just want the problem (you) to go away as there's no money in it for them.

If it's advertised as coming as part of the package then they need to change the lights to match what you've paid for. If VWA is ordering cars in with the wrong spec (i.e. not matching up with the specifications as advertised) then it's VWA issue and they need to supply what has been advertised.

In reality if you've paid $2k for bi-xenons then what's a $5 LED reverse LED light to them?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Did the dealer really speak to VWA or did they just say that they spoke to VWA??

I think they just want the problem (you) to go away as there's no money in it for them.

If it's advertised as coming as part of the package then they need to change the lights to match what you've paid for. If VWA is ordering cars in with the wrong spec (i.e. not matching up with the specifications as advertised) then it's VWA issue and they need to supply what has been advertised.

In reality if you've paid $2k for bi-xenons then what's a $5 LED reverse LED light to them?
    The LED is about $100 plus fitting.

But it should be honoured
    White MK7 Golf Highline with Bi-Xenons

No LED Numberplate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
    The LED is about $100 plus fitting.

But it should be honoured
    $5 manufactured cost price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    $5 manufactured cost price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When i bought my car i tried to bargain $200 further down, and i also asked if they can install the LEDs for me instead of $200 lower, they said NO.
    despite the cost of LEDs, labor and coding will cost $$$ - as we all know

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast