Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Numberplate Lights

Quote Originally Posted by nikmorris View Post
    I got a GTI which I picked up in jan without the LED number plates. What are my chances of getting this retrofit? Do I just call my dealer up or do I need a copy of brochure? If so would someone be able to send a copy through to me.

Thanks
    I believe this is only if you ordered the bi-xenon option that these were advertised as included with this option. You could go into your dealer and pick up a brochure to check or otherwise just download it from the website.

If they're not standard with your model/options and you want better visibility around the rear, just purchase these from VW spare parts and fit them (easy DIY). Or there's a few aftermarket suppliers if you want to save a couple of $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Do you have xenons? If so I'd get straight on to them and tell them to look at page 20 of the GTI brochure where it says led number plate lights are part of the xenon package. I'd do it soon before VWA change the brochure because I'm pretty sure dealers have had a lot of calls this week.

Good luck!
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    Do you have xenons? If so I'd get straight on to them and tell them to look at page 20 of the GTI brochure where it says led number plate lights are part of the xenon package. I'd do it soon before VWA change the brochure because I'm pretty sure dealers have had a lot of calls this week.

Good luck!
    Yea, I do have the xenons. I just called up my dealer and he hasn't heard anything about it. He says he will get back to me today. I have found myself a copy of the current brochure and sure enough, it says it on page 20! See how it goes
    Current - MK7|GTI Performance|CSG|Leather|Driver Assist|
    Written off - MK7|GTI|Red|DSG|Bi-Xenon|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|

Users Country Flag
    Update: Called my dealer to get fitted my LED number plate lights, he told me that there was a misprint in the brochure, however I argued back that I have completed my purchase with the belief of the lights being installed.

He told me to call the service centre. So called the service centre and they told me to talk to dealer (so technically it was just a handball). Service centre told me to talk to VW australia head office/customer care. Service centre also told me they talked to the technicians and techs said that there is no "genuine retrofit LED rear number plate lights" that they can install.

Called VW Australia and they told me that they will open a case to get this resolved. I will have an answer by Monday/Tuesday.

I recently looked up the brochure again and on page 19 under the "Lighting section" it is listed as a VW genuine accessory (dealer fitted).

Hopefully all of this goes well for me >_<
    MY14 | MkVII | Golf GTI | Deep Black | DSG | Bi-xenon lights

I purchased mine today - I flagged on Monday that I wanted the LED licence plate checked and referenced the brochure. They honored by installing them and my highline with xenons has the led plate lights - waiting for it to get dark now to check it all out.

Users Country Flag
    I checked out the brochure they first gave out (.pdf), doesn't come as standard me thinks.

Mk7 Golf GTI Discussion Thread

Which ones are you guys looking at?

GTI brochure page 20. Led number plate lights are part of the bi xenon package. Cars that come with halogen can buy them as an accessory.
    MY20 Golf GTI TCR
    MY20.5 LR Defender P400 HSE

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_A View Post
    GTI brochure page 20. Led number plate lights are part of the bi xenon package. Cars that come with halogen can buy them as an accessory.
    Ah, I see it now. Cheers!

Can anyone who has the led number plate lights put a picture up please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag

I picked up my gti yesterday. I noticed that the car did not have led lights above the plate. I said to the dealer that it should be standard with xenons, he said he will have to check on Monday. Let's see what happens
    Ordered mkVII GTI - carbon steel - DSG - bi xenon - leather - sunroof

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast