Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key Fob Battery Life

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

So I went to change the battery last night and popped it open easily enough and took out the existing battery and replaced it with a CR2032. It kept popping out, which is to be expected. However even if I pressed the battery in place and put the cover back on and tried pressing the buttons, no red signal was emitting from the key. Would anyone know why this maybe?
    MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | Carbon Steel | DSG | Front Windows Tinted | JB1 (Map 6) | Sunroof | Folding Mirrors Retrofitted | Current
    W211 E55 AMG | Previous

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NSNO View Post
    So I went to change the battery last night and popped it open easily enough and took out the existing battery and replaced it with a CR2032. It kept popping out, which is to be expected. However even if I pressed the battery in place and put the cover back on and tried pressing the buttons, no red signal was emitting from the key. Would anyone know why this maybe?
    Battery is back to front or if original was a 2025 its too thick and not contacting properly
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Battery is back to front or if original was a 2025 its too thick and not contacting properly
    No it was definitely the right way round. I think that it was just not contacting properly, probably because as you say it is slightly larger than the 2025. However tried again and managed to get the red light to flash when pressing one of the buttons and put the cover back on with a bit of force.
    MK7 Golf GTI 40 Years | Carbon Steel | DSG | Front Windows Tinted | JB1 (Map 6) | Sunroof | Folding Mirrors Retrofitted | Current
    W211 E55 AMG | Previous

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NSNO View Post
    No it was definitely the right way round. I think that it was just not contacting properly, probably because as you say it is slightly larger than the 2025. However tried again and managed to get the red light to flash when pressing one of the buttons and put the cover back on with a bit of force.
    It isnt larger its 32 thou thick against 25 thou thick Should usse the correct one they are only $2 after all.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I had a very similar experience, wasn't impressed with the battery life of the key. I just replaced the battery with a good quality one.

Users Country Flag

As I understand some cars tell you in the MFD some don’t, although looking at the error messages on obdeleven yesterday one of the errors was low keyfob battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12