Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jb4 installed and thoughts

Users Country Flag

As long as you plug everything in properly (you can't really do that part wrong) I don't see anything that will go wrong. It's pretty fool proof. I guess if chose map6 and started messing around with boost and fuel etc you may run into issues if you didn't know what you were doing. Map1 won't be aggressive enough to cause any damage. Don't forget the aussie Golf Rs lose about 20kw compared to the euro market, due to the climate.

Once installed, you can log the car with the jb4 and send the log to Burger Motorsport. George will fix you a custom map to get the most out of it. I'm just running map1 at the moment (due to the summer heat) but there are plenty of people that run map2 on a stock car all year round with no issues.
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

Users Country Flag
    Good stuff. Cheers Craig.
    Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburger

Skoda Owner here (same as Mk7 GTI PP) with JB4,
    Had it for 12 months/15,000km and Love it.
    If you have a Manual Gearbox, Make a Map6 and have boost limits per gear, as I've been running on Map1 and Ive just started getting clutch slip, thats the fault of VW low Torque Clutches rather than the JB4 problem.

I always take it off for Services, as someone said, 20mins and your good to go.
    The logging feature is great and BMS has been a great support to me and others.

Lots of Info on the facebook page "SkodaModderz" and they come up for sale every now and then, so if your in the market, best you Join SkodaModderz

Last edited by HPRS230; 01-02-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    Have had one on my car for 30k predominately running a custom map6, the car has been faultless and has been on a dyno producing 208kw atw in 2 different shops
    I did not like the way the standard maps made power with a front wheel drive, map 6 being customisable with boost by gear allows the car to be very drivable at city speeds with a brutal midrange and great power up until about 5500 - our engines run out of fuel and timing at this point with the stock ecu parameters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag
    208kw that’s with full exhaust and e85? I was hoping these 2ltrs could go better

Users Country Flag
    what dyno proven results exist for JB4 before and after with the mk7 gti ?

Users Country Flag
    If you get the JB4 and the bluetooth connector does that mean no cables have to be run through the firewall to the cabin?

LRDV8R,
    JB4 needs a OBD cable run in to cabin to OBDII port under dash. JB1 however does not need the OBD cable.

Cracker,
    VWVortex.com - Burger Motorsport JB4 Information thread for R and S3
    Check out my timeline, Dyno graphs in there mate

Below was first install, But once a Map6 is made (full custom) the Fuel and Timing is the overall limit.
    Pink - Stock 153.5 Kw / 205.8 hp
    Green - JB4 Map 1 (4.5 psi extra) 170.1 Kw / 228.1 hp
    Red - JB4 Map 2 (5.0 psi extra) 176.7 Kw / 236.9 hp

Jb4 installed and thoughts-17434922_10212936175866209_3623763884458504208_o-jpg

Ill be doing some dyno work soon for a map6, Ill have the 208kw map6 as a base. But being a 6sp Manual, its driven very differently to where the power comes on with the 208kw map6.
    My Wagon has been on map 1 or 2 since Jan 2016. Yes you'll need a clutch is you are a Manual, Just had mine upgraded to the Hardings Performance SMF Kit.

Timmak,
    No graph for the 208kw. That car has
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, IE intercooler, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust and full custom rear pipes. yes e85 some times.
    That car just got a custom tune and got 228kw at the wheels, the extra 20 kw added was high in the RPM range, where the JB4 cant add fuel.
    Last edited by HPRS230; 23-07-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    Not much is the short answer. Take it off before services and there is no trace of its existence. Very good bang for buck. It adds power and torque in bucket loads, so there is the potential for extra stress on the driveline from engine mounts to clutch packs and Haldex. Unlikely to create any issues though, as these engines can handle some ridiculous amounts of power (just google APR Golfs to see what those folks can do with Stage 3), so with the JB4 should be well within parameters for the driveline. In reality, running the moderate power up map is not that much of an increase over the Euro spec engines from the showroom.

Users Country Flag

Where's the best place to order one of these from?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast