Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Headlights - Discussion and Questions

Headlights - Discussion and Questions

Have the headlights been improved on the Mk7? They are woeful on my GTD. They have a shadow between high and low beam, as well as just generally weak and poor performance. $3000 should not need to be spent on better lights either.

Turn the brightness of your dash lights down
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    or some higher output headlight bulbs as opposed to the 2.5k xenon upgrade.

Drove home after dark last night in the GTD and almost cleaned up two kangaroos on two separate occasions. Headlights are so poor that I did not see them until they were going past. We don't all live in the suburbs and VW should be ashamed.
    I'll probably be getting a mk 7 GTI, as the GTD's been knocked on the head. Will the lights be better? I sure hope so because we have a right to expect cars of this class to have decent headlights fitted as standard, just like cheaper cars do.
    While I'm grumpy, I should include inadequate reversing lights in my whinge.
    Isn't it a shame that such a great vehicle is tarnished by such an easy fix issue.

Users Country Flag
    All I know is the mk7 looks cheap without the bi-xenon...maybe its due to their ads. so I have added it. its not only the bi-xenon, also the dynamic cornering lights.

Sent from my C625b using Tapatalk
    MY14 Golf MK7 103 TSI Highline | DSG 7 spd | Pacific Blue | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |
    MY12 Passat B7 118 TSI | DSG 7 spd | Silver |

Users Country Flag
    I guess vw used this to distinguish R from lower offerings in past (I.e R has rear LED and dynamic cornering HID standard).
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag
    Have a look at your current bulbs.

I drove my parent's mk5 Jetta at night recently and thought the lights looked weak. All bulbs were working fine. I pulled out the bulbs and discovered they were really quite black. Replaced them and the difference is night and day (excuse the pun )

Users Country Flag
    The lights are the biggest disappointment on my Golf 7. Just really weak, especially high beam. I upgraded the low beams to Narva +120 and it didn't make a difference and I'm told there is no upgrade available for the high beam.
    Nov '15 Polo 81TSI manual white

Users Country Flag
    Bi-xenons make a huge difference. Every time I drive my wife's car (not bi-xenon) at night I keep thinking the lights are switched off.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

I upgraded to bi-xenons on my Mk6 after woeful Mk5 headlights (which were made to look worse having moved from brilliant Toyota lights). Haven't looked back since and don't want a car without them.

Only issue I've had is other people flashing at me as they think my lights are on high beam.
    GTI | Carbon | Man | 5 door | Leather | 18" Detroit | Bluetooth | MDI | Bi-Xenon

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast