Support VWWC

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Headlights - Discussion and Questions

Users Country Flag

To those looking at the 7.5 range def upgrade to the led lights if you can well worth it and super bright
    I can see a long way along the unlit backroads i travel to work at 2am everyday lets me spot those mobile bollards (kangaroos)
    Even when i flash my highbeam during middle of the day to warn others of speed cameras i get a strong reflection off the road signs! Was quite suprised
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Just had both my static cornering lights go. Have ordered some Philips Whitevision. Chose these as they appear to be ADR compliant but are these days 4300k.

Can get these cheaper from other places but most are older stock (old whitevisions were 3700k and 4100k by the look of it)

PHILIPS H7 White Vision 4300K White Halogen Bulbs | Blingwork Automotive Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    To those looking at the 7.5 range def upgrade to the led lights if you can well worth it and super bright
    I can see a long way along the unlit backroads i travel to work at 2am everyday lets me spot those mobile bollards (kangaroos)
    Even when i flash my highbeam during middle of the day to warn others of speed cameras i get a strong reflection off the road signs! Was quite suprised
    Thanks for the info. Road tests never mention headlight performance, so it is good to get some feedback on the LEDs.
    2018 Golf GTI, Manual - gone.
    2017 Golf 110tsi Trendline, manual (gone - gladly)
    2007 Golf GTI, Manual, (gone - sadly)
    1978 Golf GLS; 1972 Superbug, (memories)

Good to know. Does yours have the active matrix function that masks out a specific section of the hi beam to avoid dazzling other drivers ? It looks interesting (if a bit slow to get back to full beam after the car has gone past).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    Good to know. Does yours have the active matrix function that masks out a specific section of the hi beam to avoid dazzling other drivers ? It looks interesting (if a bit slow to get back to full beam after the car has gone past).
    That is a vry good question i do not know tbh

Will have to read up but no one has flashed me for having high beam on and i have forgotten a few times sooo maybe?

Another good reason to get the led lights is that the daytime drl,s look great.Also the indicators are super bright and look vry nice
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

That is a vry good question i do not know tbh

Will have to read up but no one has flashed me for having high beam on and i have forgotten a few times sooo maybe?
    The regular auto headlights just dip to low beam when there is a car in front of you, the "intelligent high beam with masking" stays on high beam but masks out the portion of the beam that would shine on the other car, so you get a gap in the beam but still can see everything else to either side the other car. In the youtube clips I've seen it looks quite useful in still being able to see 'roos or wombats on the roadside verges when there is a car in front of you.

When my R wagon arrives (in a few months) I guess I'll be able to answer my own questions about these fancy new headlights.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

I could be wrong but I doubt the R will have them fitted. They are a different headlight to the normal LEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I could be wrong but I doubt the R will have them fitted. They are a different headlight to the normal LEDS.
    I'm hoping mine will have the fancy headlights. When I checked on vincoderz.com for my Wolfsburg VIN it shows both "Masked High Beam" and "LED headlamps with variable light distribution".

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I believe the Aus Rs dk come with it in the DAP
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag

Does anyone recognise these chinese LED headlights? They came with my car purchased 2nd hand so I don't know the brand and there are no markings I can see.

Untitled - Google Photos

I have problems with at least one of the Xenons not working 50% of the time. I replaced the ballast without any success. I want to replace the bulbs before replacing the lights all together and it seems I would need to remove the whole unit to get to the bulbs. I want to figure out what type of bulb I need so I only have to do it once.

Thanks

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast