Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ringo View Post
    If you mean how to invoke it, I think the only condition is foot hard down as if you're trying to punch a hole through the footwell (which feels bad actually) and that's it (provided you're in 3rd gear), OB should kick in in both cases.

I tend to avoid the low revs scenario as its harder on the turbo and clutch (old habits) and try to request the power more linearly from earlier gears. I also try to avoid short shifting around 5K with foot down for the same reason (clutch) but the exhaust pops at exactly this condition is so tempting...
    Thanks again Ringo!!! So just go hard through all gears is the best approach then if I understand what you are saying?

I have found I get the blow off and crackles when pushing hard but losing traction of one wheel, so high speed cornering?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundy View Post
    Thanks again Ringo!!! So just go hard through all gears is the best approach then if I understand what you are saying?

I have found I get the blow off and crackles when pushing hard but losing traction of one wheel, so high speed cornering?
    Well it's not like it's going to break if you ask full power from low revs but yes it's easier on the drive/power-train going through all gears (no point in staying too much around the redline either, 6.5-6.8K should do it).

There's two kind of special noises you can make with this car: Upshifts with the foot down between anywhere from maybe 3.5K to 5K will give the "DSG farts" (although not ideal from a wear and tear pov) but what is more intoxicating is if you have built up boost and suddenly let go/brake/downshift. Especially in Sports mode it will usually sound like short bursts from a machine gun , WRC style... The benefits of the Clubsport's free-er cat-back...

it's easy to reproduce if you have the right piece of road allowing you to push hard then back off the throttle.

In this vid you can hear it from 10 seconds in until 25 seconds in where he decides to floor it:

https://youtu.be/aVJxiI3kQQk

I didn't get the question about high speed cornering though.

Users Country Flag
    To All and anyone that is interested I received an official response on the performance interface only showing 195kW during overboost.

I had to google homologated because in all my life I had never cast my eyes on such a word. Once I learned what that means then I understood the official response.

Good afternoon Bundy,

Thank you for your reply.

The Display and Operating unit will only ever display the max kilowatts as 195kW as this is the published/homologated maximum power output figure.

Kind regards,
    VOLKSWAGENGROUP AUSTRALIA

Users Country Flag
    ? I understand it but don't agree with it. The maximum homologate power output published is 213kw on overboost. So regardless of whether its during overboost or not 213kw is the maximum power output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    ? I understand it but don't agree with it. The maximum homologate power output published is 213kw on overboost. So regardless of whether its during overboost or not 213kw is the maximum power output.

Actually no. At least in the EU the car is registered as 195kw in every official document I have in my hands.

Users Country Flag
    VW Powergate...? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    VW Powergate...? ��
    lol .. another class action perhaps ..
    RS
    R

Users Country Flag

Oopps

So i had a slight accident in my 40 years. Came up the driveway to quick and on the wrong angle.....

So disappointing in myself.... Not a cheap to fix either.

GTI Edition 40 / Clubsport Thread-20170329_172632-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Ouch... very low front lips on them. I'm bordering on paranoid about the nose on my R and the 40th sits even lower I think.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LibraR View Post
    Ouch... very low front lips on them. I'm bordering on paranoid about the nose on my R and the 40th sits even lower I think.
    I'm super paranoid with mine, helps to keep it looking new

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast