Support VWWC

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Burger Motorsports JB1 Tuning Module + Cable

Users Country Flag

"From the time we did the JB1 development we where aware that the easiest way to detect a box is by having short term fuel trim trigger points. This was confirmed by the sources that may be. Our unit avoids using ECU adaption of fuel trims due to rail pressure hence no issues have ever arisen. What is strange is that the unit they have pictured has been tested as well with no flag coming up neither."

The units are still not detectable. It is also believed that the TB1 is manually flagged based on visual inspection. Another reason why we remove our units before visiting a dealership.

Users Country Flag
    That thread is from April 2016 and in fact (iirc) the flag in question has actually been out since 2012. Yet, and despite the scaremongering that that thread briefly revived at the time, no JB1 owners have been denied warranty work, and that includes gone engines. George has given technical explanations several times as to why it is still practically impossible to trace it.

Users Country Flag
    Hmm, I sense a slight dip in the 100% untraceable-o-meter.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Helped a Mate install the JB4 last night... till 1am.
    Main problem was looking for a way into the cabin. We decided to go via the Left hand side spare grommet.
    and the second was the plug on the bottom.

We were both very impressed by the units performance gains and if you're a bit of a DYI'er, jump in and get it!

Not looking forward to service time to pull it all out. but practice makes perfect....

I was going to install mine tonight, but China/Aliexpress decided to send the wrong plug (4 pin instead of 5 pin) so I'll be a while....
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    Helped a Mate install the JB4 last night... till 1am.
    Main problem was looking for a way into the cabin. We decided to go via the Left hand side spare grommet.
    and the second was the plug on the bottom.

We were both very impressed by the units performance gains and if you're a bit of a DYI'er, jump in and get it!

Not looking forward to service time to pull it all out. but practice makes perfect....

I was going to install mine tonight, but China/Aliexpress decided to send the wrong plug (4 pin instead of 5 pin) so I'll be a while....
    Installed mine this morning. I followed George's instructions and ran the cable through the drivers side grommet. The only trouble I had with this was when I was piercing the grommet I pushed the whole grommet out into the engine side. Managed to wriggle it back tho.
    Plug D at the bottom was a real pain as well- really don't know how some people can access it from the top.
    Tried Map 1 and 2. Having a awesome fun with it so far!

I removed the drivers side grommet and flipped it around so you could easily seat it from inside the car. Will make it easier to remove or re install in the future. I also ran heat shrink over the flat cable from the o2 sensor plugs near the battery to behind the heat shielding where the cable enters the engine bay. I figured it would protect the cable from the heat of the DP a little and it also looks more factory.

JB4 App question:
    What Engine type is everyone using?
    E series - N54
    E Series - N55
    F series - All

Does it matter?
    Is that part just for reading codes?
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HPRS230 View Post
    JB4 App question:
    What Engine type is everyone using?
    E series - N54
    E Series - N55
    F series - All

Does it matter?
    Is that part just for reading codes?
    It's just for reading codes. Use N54 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimoHDK View Post
    It's just for reading codes. Use N54 for now.
    Cheers
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Installed the unit tonight with the R owner from the other night, knew what to do amd how to do it. So had it done alot faster.

Got to T up a time to help ferret vrs install his now as we are pro's....
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast