Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: Aftermarket Bixenon Headlights (WinPower Lamps)

Group Buy: Aftermarket Bixenon Headlights (WinPower Lamps)

Disclaimer
    I am organising this group buy to help upgrade as many headlights as possible. There is nothing in it for me other than getting headlights at a great price with as many enthusiasts as possible.

As I'm sure all of you already know, the standard halogen Mk7 Golf headlights are pretty average. A few of us on the forum have replaced the bulbs with varying levels of improvement. Until recently aftermarket xenons were OEM which were more expensive to buy than optioning the xenons at the time of ordering the car. Aftermarket replicas on the market but were of questionable quality. I’ve been researching other forums and have finally found a decent set of lights worth purchasing without breaking the bank.

Although I've done all this research, I'd like you to also look through my resources to confirm that you are happy to purchase these lights. I am not responsible for the product we are sent, my research only minimises the chance of receiving poorly built/performing headlights.
    Please refer to the multiple links in this thread and post 88 in Headlights

Please ignore the greyed out text, updated pricing is below.
    Pricing:

GB pricing would be $US385/set, they are usually $US545 a set.
    P&H: You can choose from EMS $US195 (15-25 days) OR FedEx $US224 (3-5 days).

Therefore headlights will cost $US580 (shipped with EMS) or $US609 (shipped with FedEx)

Payment will be directly to WPlamps via Paypal once I've compiled the list of buyers.

Minimum Group Buy numbers:
    Either 20 sets of V2 headlights
    OR
    10x V2 and 10x GTi

EOIs so far:
    V2:

1. Veew (V2, 5000k)
    2. Jazrod92 (V2, 5000k)
    3. Point (V2, 5000k)
    4. 01_Golf (V2, 5000k)
    5. Tomcat225 (V2, 5000k)
    6. Dux (V2, 5000k)

GTI:
    1. Couchmotorist (GTi, 5000k)
    2. Flipper (GTi)
    3. Mui_michael (GTi, 5000k)
    4. KWS (GTi, 5000k)
    5. Flipper (GTi, 5000k)

Updated Pricing for GB numbers lower than 20 units:
    $US399/set for V2 or GTi
    P&H: You can choose from EMS $US195 (15-25 days) OR FedEx $US224 (3-5 days).

This would mean the headlights will cost $US594 ($AUD633) when shipped with EMS.

BUT there is also a Paypal fee, usually $US25 but Mark stated on payment we put $US600 (which means Paypal takes $US25, they get $US575).
    Therefore the FINAL price of the headlights including P&H is $US600 ($AUD639).

Payment will be directly to WPlamps via Paypal once I've compiled the list of buyers.

Updated EOIs so far:
    Please refer to post #50 on page 5 to see the updated EOIs. Couchmotorist has taken over the GB with thanks.

Group Buy Process
    Once we have sufficient numbers, I will tabulate the orders in a form. We will Paypal Mark the contact at WP lamps who will provide you with your own tracking number. Standard shipping took 4 weeks for the Brazilian GB so I suspect ours will be 3-4 weeks for standard EMS shipping.
    Last edited by veew; 20-07-2014 at 01:00 AM.

About WinPower lamps
    WPlamps have been making headlights for a while now. You can go to their website (Contact Us -- Win power International Technology Co.,Ltd Official Website) and trawl through all the forums they have provided lights to in the past. The Brazilian forum VWGolfClub.com have seen this company’s work before with headlights for Jeta, Beetle and Tiguan. These headlights come with all the wires and connections and are plug and play.

VWGolfClub have completed 2 GBs for these headlights with a 3rd underway. If you are interested in checking out the first GB thread you’ll need to:
    1) Register to www.vwgolfclub.com
    2) Use Google Translate
    3) Head to Forums >> aesthetic changes >> Lighthouse replica Mk7 Golf (Group Buy). Pages worth checking out are 1, 6, 8 and 9.

Replica versions
    The versions available to be produced in RHD are:
    V2: VW Golf 7 OEM LED headlight V2 -- -Volkswagen LED headlight -- 产“•示 -- Win power International Technology Co.,Ltd Official Website (eBay: FOR 2014 VW Golf MK7 Headlight With Angel EYE AND BI Xenon Projector V2 | eBay)
    GTi: VW golf MK7 GIT version headlight -- -Volkswagen LED headlight -- 产“•示 -- Win power International Technology Co.,Ltd Official Website

V2 and GTi headlights look and should operate like OEM Highline/GTi headlights HOWEVER they DON'T have self-levelling, active cornering assist functions or headlight washers. The headlights can be adjusted up and down as you would usually do for the OEM halogen headlights (ie. Under the bonnet and from inside the car). The GTi version is the V2 with a red GTi stripe.

The version of V2 lights available for us in RHD are bi-xenon with supplementary H7 Halogen for highbeam, both DRL U's light up.

V2: WP Golf V2 - YouTube
    GTi: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1UM...BtaXhoWUU/edit

2014 VW Golf MK7 HID Conversion Kit:
    Temperature: Choice of 4300K, 5000K, 6000K
    Bulb Type: D2H
    Ballast Type: include round ballast/slim ballast
    Wattage: 35W
    Turn light : Yellow
    Low light: Bixenon projector HIDs
    High light: halogen projector kit (H7)

Lelf light and Right lights include :
    2 x Ballasts
    2 x HID bulbs
    2 x LED DRL
    2 x Angel eye(White)
    2 x HID bifocal projector lens
    2 x halogen projector light (H7)
    2 x black housing
    All required harness (For Plug and Play installation)

Brazilian fitted V1s (Golf R replicas)

Screenshots from the V2 video:
    V2 DRLs only

V2 DRLs and xenon low beam

V2 DRLs and xenon low beam + (?) parking indicator setting

V2 DRLs, xenon high beam, halogen high beam + (?) parking indicator setting

V2 xenon only

V2 indicator only
    Last edited by veew; 11-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Installation
    Apparently the installation of the headlights is pretty easy. Removal of the central grill and removal of the bolts that hold the side of the front bumper in place. The front bumper does not need to be completely removed from the car for the installation. The installation is almost exactly the same as Mk6 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrmc_d68MI & Volkswagen Golf 6 Headlight Installation -- About News -- 新闻动态 -- Win power International Technology Co.,Ltd Official Website) but without the complete detachment of the front bumper.

Solvalou's description outlining what he is referring to in the first video link below:
    "The installation is very easy. If you watched my video Ill try to explain some stuff I said in the video.
    Bumper and front grill uses Torx T25 screws. The headlight uses Torx T30 screws. There are also 2 M10 10mm screws that need to be removed inside the bumper so you can unsnap the side of the bumper.

First I show in the video 4 screws you need to remove from inside the wheel compartment. Then there are 2 more underneath the bumper. After that you need to unscrew 2 more screws on the front grill. After that you need to pull the front grill towards your direction to unsnap it from that other plastic plastic behind it. The main lock is located near that hole that I show in the video. When you unsnap it and the front grill is loose, you need to move it up to disconnect it from the bumper.

There are 4 screws on the headlight. I show them on the video. One I couldn't show because the front grill was blocking it and also there is a side one that the bumper was blocking. The one at the back of the headlight that is deeper inside you don't need to remove completely, just unscrew it a little bit and you will be able to slide the headlight out. Also remember that even after removing all the headlight screws you need to pull the bumper a little bit toward the front of the car because there are some hooks at the front of the headlight underneath the bumper holding it in place. After you pulled the bumper you need to move the headlight a little bit up to free up the hooks so you can slide it out. Remember also to remove the main headlight harness cable before you pull it out.

You just need to do everything in in reverse order to install the new headlight."

Solvalou's Youtube videos
    1) Solvalou has kindly included English subtitles.
    This video shows you what bolts are required to be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tQWJhOj-cQ

2) Adjusting headlight aim. I can't really follow it so only really helpful if you speak Portugese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ps2bSOLr78
    AND
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqNTybnhjM

A few PDF documents which may help with the installation process:
    https://app.sugarsync.com/wf/D1372919_104_717385947

2x M10 10mm screws that need to be removed inside the bumper so you can unsnap the side of the bumper

DRL tweak via VCDS
    (in Portuguese but VCDS screens in English)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Gvy8RG3ik
    Last edited by veew; 11-07-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Fitment:
    Photos demonstrating fit and finish (Brazillian fitted V1s):

Lower spec V2s which only have one DRL U that illuminates:

Performance

The following photos and videos give you an idea of what to expect from the V2 and GTi replicas.

V1, low beam, 5000k

GolfMk7 LuanF's V1 videos:
    External - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67IEZo7q18 (read description regarding DRL brightness)
    Light performance low & high beam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6H9qF72jsQ
    Last edited by veew; 14-07-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Insurance
    Paypal insurance is really the only thing covering you so I would insist on checking the headlights out as soon as you receive them. There is a warranty period (below) but M4rko's experience a few years back, in post 346, it seems once the deal is done they're not interested.

Product Review - Chinese Replica MK6 Golf HID Headlamps for halogen cars - Page 35

I've been assured by Mark, WPlamps contact, the packaging has improved since then and they have not had any returns due to damage in transit since. Solvalou's description of recent packaging is reassuring.

Paypal insurance: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...yer-protection
    Paypal covers the following things:
    - If an order doesn’t arrive or match the seller’s description
    - You received a completely different item.
    - You purchased two items, but received one.
    - The item was damaged en route to you.
    - You bought the original, but received a counterfeit.

Refer to 7.1 and 7.2 for Paypal Buyer Protection details:
    https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mp...reement-full#7

7.2 Eligibility Requirements.
    1. To be eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection you must meet all of the following requirements:
      1. Pay for the full amount of the item with one payment from your Account. Items purchased with multiple payments or installments are not eligible.
      2. Send the payment to the Seller in the following manners:
        1. For eBay items:
          1. through the eBay “Pay Now” button or the eBay invoice; or
          2. through the “Send Money” tab of your Account by selecting “eBay Item” or “Pay for eBay Items” and entering the required information.

2. For items bought on other websites:
          1. through the Send Money tab on the PayPal website, by clicking the “Purchase” tab, or by selecting the “Checkout with PayPal” button or otherwise selecting PayPal as part of a Seller’s checkout flow.

3. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you sent the payment – then follow the online dispute resolution process described below under "Dispute Resolution"
      4. Have an Account in good standing.

2. For items purchased on eBay look for either a PayPal or eBay buyer protection message in the eBay listing. If you see a message, and you meet the eligibility requirements, then your purchase is covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. The buyer protection message will vary based on the eBay website. The message must appear on the top part of the listing and not under the “Description” or “Shipping and Payments” tabs. If the listing does not include the buyer protection message, then it is not eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection.

Warranty
    12 month warranty on the bulbs and ballasts.

Packaging
    This is a picture from a thread on VWVortex for WP lamps B7 Passat headlight installation. I would expect the headlights to be delivered in similar packaging.

Solvalou's description of the packaging when he received his headlights:
    "It comes very nicely packaged. It has nice quality foam protecting it and each headlight comes in its own box. Both boxes come inside a bigger box. Examining it in detail I noticed that the build construction is really good. It looks like an OEM headlight from VW."
    Last edited by veew; 19-07-2014 at 02:24 PM.

PAYPAL CLAIMS if required

A. How do I open a dispute on a transaction?
    If you haven't received your item or the item you received doesn't match the original product description, we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue as amicably as possible. Where possible, you should always try contacting your seller before disputing a payment through PayPal but do bear in mind that you have 45 days from date of payment to open a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

• Click Resolution Centre.
    • Click Report a problem.
    • Click Report a problem.
    • Select I have a problem with an item I purchased, and then click Continue.
    • Click Find Transaction ID.
    • Click the Transaction ID next to the transaction you want to dispute, and then click Continue.
    • Select the reason for your dispute, and then click Continue.
    • Enter additional information on the Provide Additional Information page, and then click Continue.

After you've opened a dispute, you have 20 days to communicate with the seller. Disputes automatically close after 20 days. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim within the 20 days. We won't investigate disputes filed after 45 days, but we will take note of your problem.

To learn more about your rights through PayPal Purchase Protection, click Legal Agreements on any PayPal page, then click User Agreement for PayPal Services.

B. Why was my dispute closed?
    When you open a dispute in the Resolution Centre, you must follow some specific guidelines. We automatically close or defer cases that don't follow these guidelines.
    If you’re not satisfied, we encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve the problem. (You’ll find their contact information on the Transaction Details page.) Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make their buyers happy.
    Here are the most common reasons a dispute is automatically closed:

The dispute was filed over 45
    You have to open a dispute within 45 days of the transaction date. You opened your dispute more than 45 days after the transaction date, so it was automatically closed.

The dispute was not escalated within 20 days

If you can’t resolve the problem with the seller, you have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to escalate it to a claim. Your dispute was automatically closed because it wasn’t escalated within 20 days.

You already closed the dispute
    According to our records, you resolved the problem and closed the dispute in the Resolution Centre. We don’t re-open cases that are canceled or closed.

The dispute was for an intangible or virtual item
    We can only investigate transactions that involve items that can be shipped. Your dispute was closed because your item is virtual or intangible.

You filed the dispute through eBay
    Since you have already opened a claim with eBay, your PayPal claim has been closed. Please continue to work with eBay to resolve this issue.

To learn more about how we investigate transaction problems, click Legal Agreements at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click User Agreement for PayPal Services.

C. What’s the status of my claim?
    You can check the current status of your claim at any time by visiting the Resolution Centre.

To view the status of your transaction dispute:

• Click Resolution Centre at the top of the page.
    • Select Open Cases in the drop-down on the Resolution Centre page.
    • Click the Case ID number under the Case column to view the status of the transaction in question.

If the dispute is escalated to a claim, PayPal seeks to resolve the claim within 30 days of the date the claim is filed, though such time frame can be extended, if appropriate, to accommodate the investigation.
    If additional information is required, we will email you with the specific information we need along with the steps to provide us with that information.
    Last edited by veew; 16-08-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Just a thought... could we reduced shipping costs by potentially bulking orders? one for each state

eg I work in the CBD in Melbourne so could have all the Melbourne lights sent as a group... ?
    Then people could organize pickup?

Good job veew.... any installed pics of the V2 yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    V2 and GTi headlights look and should operate like OEM Highline headlights HOWEVER they DON'T have self-levelling or active cornering assist functions.
    Just bear in mind that the lack of self-leveling and headlight washer features makes these headlights illegal in Australia, as they don't conform to Australian Design Rules (ADR 13). This may have implications for you in the event of an accident (both with respect to vehicle legality, and also insurance cover), and of course can cause visibility issues for oncoming drivers.

Headlights | Motoring | RACQ
    HID Headlights Legality
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Just bear in mind that the lack of self-leveling and headlight washer features makes these headlights illegal in Australia, as they don't conform to Australian Design Rules (ADR 13). This may have implications for you in the event of an accident (both with respect to vehicle legality, and also insurance cover), and of course can cause visibility issues for oncoming drivers.

Headlights | Motoring | RACQ
    HID Headlights Legality
    I'm not sure what to make of these two statements. They seem to be contradictory

"HID headlight conversions are not permitted under Qld legislation. However, it is not clear if other Australian states view the issue in the same way. If you operate in another state you should check requirements in your area.

Note also that Queensland's Dept. Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) advises that there is currently no legislation concerning HID conversion of driving lights."

Not permitted in first para but no legislation concerning conversions.

Ps wasn't there a workaround involving lower power bulbs that don't exceed a particular threshold?

Users Country Flag

Just to clarify. I'm putting my hand up for the gti lights with 5000k bulbs.
    Just out of interest, what options for bulbs are there?
    Mk7 GTI | Pure White | 6MT

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast