Support VWWC

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy: Aftermarket Bixenon Headlights (WinPower Lamps)

Quote Originally Posted by couchmotorist View Post
    Just to clarify. I'm putting my hand up for the gti lights with 5000k bulbs.
    Just out of interest, what options for bulbs are there?
    From the Brazilian forums, it was 4300k, 5000k and 6000k.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    From the Brazilian forums, it was 4300k, 5000k and 6000k.
    What's the general consensus on the quality of the light? I understand 4300 or 5000 is generally better for light output but what about colour? It seems to vary enormously depending in which colour chart you look at. I've 5000k even look slightly yellow when I'm pretty sure its meant to be pure white. My guess is the photos of the light output seem to be 5000k?
    Mk7 GTI | Pure White | 6MT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DoggieHowser View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of these two statements. They seem to be contradictory

"HID headlight conversions are not permitted under Qld legislation. However, it is not clear if other Australian states view the issue in the same way. If you operate in another state you should check requirements in your area.

Note also that Queensland's Dept. Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) advises that there is currently no legislation concerning HID conversion of driving lights."

Not permitted in first para but no legislation concerning conversions.

Ps wasn't there a workaround involving lower power bulbs that don't exceed a particular threshold?
    There is no legislation for specifically for HID conversion but all modifications are subject to legislation and generally must not compromise ADR's

This is from QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads, Minor Modifications, Vehicle Standards Instruction G19.1
    http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/Sa...ifications.pdf

"Headlights
    Retro-fitting High Intensity Gas-Discharge (HID) or Light Emitting Diode (LED) headlight assemblies to vehicles not
    originally offered with the technology is generally not permissible as they do not comply with the ADRs because:
    • no headlight self-levelling device is fitted
    • no self-cleaning function is fitted
    • the design of the headlamp reflector is compatible with the bulb (the light is not focused correctly)."

Quote Originally Posted by couchmotorist View Post
    What's the general consensus on the quality of the light? I understand 4300 or 5000 is generally better for light output but what about colour? It seems to vary enormously depending in which colour chart you look at. I've 5000k even look slightly yellow when I'm pretty sure its meant to be pure white. My guess is the photos of the light output seem to be 5000k?
    I'm pretty sure the bulb temp for the lights I posted up is 5000k. I had 4300k on my motorbike for 4 years and that looked like midday sun at night (some shots below). I'm sure 5000k would be white with slight yellow.

This seems to demonstrate what I would expect:
    http://hidpowerhouse.com/wp-content/...D_Verus_D4.jpg

I've updated the version of V2 headlights available for us. Check out the 2nd post and the relevant video, I will upload the relevant screen shots of this version.
    Last edited by veew; 11-07-2014 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Updated V2 headlight details

100% in for GTi: VW golf MK7 GTI version headlight with 5000k bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat225 View Post
    Just a thought... could we reduced shipping costs by potentially bulking orders? one for each state

eg I work in the CBD in Melbourne so could have all the Melbourne lights sent as a group... ?
    Then people could organize pickup?

Good job veew.... any installed pics of the V2 yet ?
    Shipping cost unchanged if you did it that way, its related to the box size rather than where it is shipped.

There are no pics of V2s that I have come across, I think we may be the first.

Count me in 100% for V2s with 5000k bulbs
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

I'm also in for the 5000k v2s

Just to clarify, the GTI version that I have ordered. Is this for non GTI cars wanting the red line going through the headlights? And it is still a plug and play system for my Tsi?

The GTi version is just like the V2 except it has the red stripe through it. All systems are plug and play.

Post 28: Xenon Lights + LED DRL retrofit - Page 2 - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum
    Last edited by veew; 10-07-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast