Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf R Performance Mods - ECU Tune or JB Box?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by aj84763 View Post
    The haldex tunes they do that’s part of the ECU tune isn’t it? So you can’t get them done with the JB4? Really want to get that done if I can as the traction control light comes on way too much. It feels like the car never sends power to the rear wheels kinda defeats the purpose of buying a R.
    I've not heard of a Haldex tune as such, you may be getting confused with DSG tunes nothing to do with Haldex. If your Haldex is working normally there will be minimal wheel spin at least on a dry road even with launch control. I've been in HGP Turbo's 7.5 Golf 480HP 3.2s to 100kph no changes to the Haldex it's not an issue. You can adjust the Haldex in VCDS or OBDeleven if needed. JB4 has a redux adjustment where you can retard boost on gear changes i.e. 60% boost on gear change. You don't need a laptop to adjust the JB4 it can be done on a phone App, I have the cable in the car centre console. If your traction control light comes on in normal tune you've got a problem which needs to be checked before you do anything to the car.

Golf R Performance Mods - ECU Tune or JB Box?-2018-04-08_1952-pngGolf R Performance Mods - ECU Tune or JB Box?-2018-04-08_1951-png
    Last edited by rosslm; 08-04-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Quote Originally Posted by rosslm View Post
    I've not heard of a Haldex tune as such, you may be getting confused with DSG tunes nothing to do with Haldex. If your Haldex is working normally there will be minimal wheel spin at least on a dry road even with launch control. I've been in HGP Turbo's 7.5 Golf 480HP 3.2s to 100kph no changes to the Haldex it's not an issue. You can adjust the Haldex in VCDS or OBDeleven if needed. JB4 has a redux adjustment where you can retard boost on gear changes i.e. 60% boost on gear change. You don't need a laptop to adjust the JB4 it can be done on a phone App, I have the cable in the car centre console. If your traction control light comes on in normal tune you've got a problem which needs to be checked before you do anything to the car.

Golf R Performance Mods - ECU Tune or JB Box?-2018-04-08_1952-pngGolf R Performance Mods - ECU Tune or JB Box?-2018-04-08_1951-png
    Thanks, I've always felt something was wrong the car just hasn't felt right for the past few months . There seems to be a lot more turbo lag than there use to be, engine feels like it's bogging down and things just haven't felt right for a while. I've had 3 VW dealerships check it out and they say everything is fine, but the TC light is CONSTANTLY coming on and 99% of the time I drive the car its bone dry out. I just put it down to worn tyres and me remembering things wrong since 3 dealerships said it's fine, but now I'm starting to worry.
    I'm getting my tyres changed tomorrow so I might take the car down to the mod shop in Parra I was looking at they said they do servicing as well so I'll get them to check everything out.

Oh and this is what I meant by the haldex tune.
    Haldex System Upgrades | BWA Auto
    Last edited by aj84763; 08-04-2018 at 09:16 PM.

+1 for JB4 and Bluetooth kit.

If your tuning a Manual car, start saving for a new clutch.
    I've run Map 1, 2 and Custom 6 and Ive now got a slipping clutch.
    Currently got 2psi extra (Map1 is 4psi) which seems to be ok (for now) but saving my pennies for the Harding Performance Clutch kit ($3k installed)

Also I'd suggest a Short shiftier kit.

Check out mine time line link below mate, You'll get some ideas/links to some easy mods

If you have access to an OBDeleven or VCDS, there is a 'added traction' mod. 'Diff' (XDL+) settings and a 'Lock Elec' setting.
    Last edited by HPRS230; 09-04-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12