Support VWWC

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Mk7 Towing/Towbar Thread

Users Country Flag

Kit comes with a 13-pin round to 7-pin flat adaptor though.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that. Shame they don't offer the standard Aussie rectangular plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I had a tow bar fitted to my 92tsi which was mainly for bicycle rack attachment. I kept the cable curled up in the spare wheel well so it was not too much trouble to use the adapter when needed

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjamesred View Post
    Thanks for that. Shame they don't offer the standard Aussie rectangular plug.

Jimmy - It's not difficult to retrofit an "Aussie" rectangular plug- just some rewiring work!!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    It does, once you fit the adapter harness which is all of 5 seconds work.

If there's room behind the bumper, you can mount the adaptor harness semi-permenantly.

Users Country Flag
    So picked up my new MY17 Golf GTI yesterday with OEM towbar fitted. Lo and behold, the plug is the rectangular type. I asked the dealer about it and they said that is the standard plug and the round plug is on the bigger vehicles for caravans with electric brakes. Not sure on the last bit but it is the OEM tow bar and a rectangular plug they have installed.

Anyone know a good price for a tow bar fitted to a Golf 7.5 wagon?

VW dealer quote was $2,200 fitted. Hayman Reese dealer quote was $795 fitted (without official wiring harness).

I’d prefer the VW official version, but at nearly triple the price if HR, not sure if it’s worth it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyDiscs View Post
    Anyone know a good price for a tow bar fitted to a Golf 7.5 wagon?

VW dealer quote was $2,200 fitted. Hayman Reese dealer quote was $795 fitted (without official wiring harness).

I’d prefer the VW official version, but at nearly triple the price if HR, not sure if it’s worth it.
    What about this one

Westfalia detachable with proper Volkswagen wiring compatible with LED trailer. This is a factory option if you bought your dub in EU

Thanks, called an installer but they said Westfalia no longer being sold in Australia. In better news, called another VW dealer and they can do it for under $1700.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyDiscs View Post
    Thanks, called an installer but they said Westfalia no longer being sold in Australia. In better news, called another VW dealer and they can do it for under $1700.
    That's not necessarily correct with Westfalia, they were bought our by Horizon for Australian branch. Their stock of over 800 tow bars was purchased and we are their distributor.
    With VW you need to cut your bumper whereas with Westfalia, it attaches from underneath the car.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast