Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VW GTI DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights

Users Country Flag

VW GTI DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights

Hi All, I've got a MY2020 GTI and have a few questions about the DRLs and Dynamic Cornering Lights.

I have noticed that the DRLs on the outer headlights of my car are the only ones that turn on. The inner DRL cluster does not turn on. In many other forums, primarily US based ones, I see that you can have both the inner and outer DRLs on. Read somewhere that post MY19 GTIs have them turned off? Is there anyway to turn them on or does it require a headlight mod to get it working?

For the Dynamic Cornering Lights - How can I tell if my GTI has it or not? I have not noticed anything different while driving with my headlights on.

Cheers!

I had an idea that later Golfs don't have functioning inner DRLs (more cost-cutting by VW to pay for dieselgate and EV development costs ? )
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure they arent the turn LED lights
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi All, thanks for getting back to me. Here are some photos to illustrate the issue I am having.
    What I see on my car (the glow on the inner DRL is due to reflection from the outer DRL): https://imgur.com/FsWpLUI

What I see on the internet for all GTIs I come across: https://imgur.com/Md6avIl

https://imgur.com/FsWpLUI

Your dipped beam lights are on. DRLs turn off. Same on my A4 and MY2020 GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteran78 View Post
    Hi All, thanks for getting back to me. Here are some photos to illustrate the issue I am having.
    What I see on my car (the glow on the inner DRL is due to reflection from the outer DRL): https://imgur.com/FsWpLUI

What I see on the internet for all GTIs I come acrosUI
    @Veteran78 - Hi.

Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news and I'm not sure where you got the "internet all GTIs" picture - but at least for Australian versions of MY20 GTI's, the 2 x inner "angel-eyes" are blanks (I'm fairly sure they always have been in the Antipodes)

Download the current release GOLF brochure from here and go to page 24. It says under the GTI column that standard equipment is LED headlights for low and high beam, integrated single LED daytime driving light signature and automatic self-levelling.

So - apparently it's a "signature" feature for the Aussie GTI!!!!

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 09-02-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Other markets have to option the double DRL (can’t remember the name of the headlight package it’s part of).

It was standard on the non-Original Mk7.5 GTIs until the MY19, was a bit of a surprise at the time. Didn’t stop me buying one

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi All, thanks for the feedback. Well, that didn't stop me for enjoying my GTI either

The next question is, is there an option to retrofit the double DRLs?

Users Country Flag
    Why worry DRL's are working A lot of work and money for S*A
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Why worry DRL's are working A lot of work and money for S*A
    100% agree

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast