Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?

Quote Originally Posted by SloAu View Post
    OBDeleven - sorted
    ?? What do you mean?
    (I also have OBDeleven, by using it you may however only disable the start/stop function)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmillion View Post

Octavia RoW has exactly the same pinout used in Golf (minus version, earthed). I used for a while a copy of this circuit born2bastel >> Start-Stop Automatik deaktivieren mit Memoryfunktion, which stopped working at the beginning of our summer (poor construction quality maybe)
    halfmillion: What an excellent device -it's exactly what I was thinking of doing, but couldn't !!! Big kudos to the inventor.

Can you still get the parts for this unit? If so, I'm more than happy to build it for you

Don

Quote Originally Posted by SloAu View Post
    OBDeleven - sorted
    Yes, I suspect that SloAu is referring to either the Voltage method tweak, or the Temperature method tweak for disabling Stop Start. It's an OK method if you only want to disable SS and if you are prepared to tolerate the "tell-signal" on the MDF every time that the car stops
    Last edited by DV52; 14-12-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Can you still get the parts for this unit? If so, I'm more than happy to build it for you

Don
    If you volunteer...I'm more than happy

I may either send you components via mail, or eventually buy them on the web using a local (australian) ecomm company and have them delivered to you (maybe it is faster). Your choice!

let's do this via emails - I'll PM

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    That looks fantastic. Nice layout. obviously a pro. Do you want to make one up for me.This Auto Engine Stop is driving me crazy.
    How much would you charge to make one for my 2017 transporter ?
    I know lots of people who want to buy one of these.

^^^ frimpiny: Hi. There's been a hiccup getting the components - apparently sourcing the PC board at a reasonable price has proven to be problematic for halfmillion. So, no progress !!!

Don

Users Country Flag

Just wanted to show off my efforts...

Golf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?-p1160600-jpgGolf mk7: Auto Start/Stop disable switch - who wants to help?-p1160602-jpg

Many thanks to DV52 (and others).
    My circuit has been installed for approx. 6 months now and makes the car far safer.
    DSG with stop/start is incredibly dangerous in my opinion.
    Yes, you can always try and remember to press the button...
    I also agree that VW should have coded the car to remember the last setting or provided a disable option in the car settings menu.
    oh, well it was a lovely little project and works perfectly for me.

Users Country Flag
    For those who aren't handy with the soldering iron, I can turn the stop start off now with the software tweak on any model. It takes only 5-10 minutes and it's done over the OBD2 port, no need to remove anything.

Users Country Flag
    I have my car coded for start/stop disabled
    Highly recommend it well worth the cost

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    I have my car coded for start/stop disabled
    Highly recommend it well worth the cost
    and what is the cost?

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast