Support VWWC

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Alltrack

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Malduin View Post
    I've ordered a Black Pair as it looks OK to me - still waiting for my car - the ship called into Melbourne, then Port Kembla and has just off loaded my car in Brisbane - now they have to rail it back to Melbourne in order to ship it to Tasmania - why they didn't off load it in Melbourne is beyond me. I do think red might be an overkill in your case
    It depends when you ordered it - the cars get loaded in a sequence for delivery and, once on board, the offload point can't readily be changed. These ships can carry up to around 6000 cars and to get one out of sequence car off may involve the movement of lots of cars, slowing down the ship's delivery schedule significantly. When I ordered mine it was an unallocated car that was already on board the ship. It went to Pt Kembla and had to be trucked back down to Melbourne which added a few days but was no biggie.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

If it is going from Brisbane to Melbourne by rail I'd plan on doing an extra thorough iron de-contamination, railways are notorious for leaving small particles of iron on cars. It's not a big deal, just a normal step in detailing a new car.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Oh Well, something to look forward to in the New Year - one of the first things I will be doing is getting it Opti-Coated, I found a place in Launceston that does the process, that should take care of the iron de-contamination (thanks for that advice).

Users Country Flag
    Ok ordered a pair of paddle shifters off ebay /fingers crossed for a correct fit will post photos if they do got to wait 3 weeks for delivery now..
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Got my paddle shifter extender today and they fit for the alltrack make sure you get the ones that don't fit the gti/r ours are smaller

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear, I have got mine but no Alltrack they held it up in Brisbane in order to put 2018 compliance plates on it so should be with me soon

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, is it possible to fit 15" wheels on an Alltrack?
    Last edited by z1000; 12-01-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    MY12 Tiguan 132TSI + DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by z1000 View Post
    Hi all, is it possible to fit 15" wheels on an Alltrack?
    Assuming they have 312mm front rotors? Smallest you'll get on 312 is 16". 288mm will take 15"

Users Country Flag
    I saw a 132tsi Premium in Tungsten Silver on the road today - looked a lot better in the flesh than I thought it would.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag

Just looking at an Alltrack 135 with all the options. Build date Dec 17 and not registered, so new.
    Any suggestions what would be a good price to aim for during the negotiations.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast