Support VWWC

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Alltrack

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliani View Post
    Hello all. My first post in this thread. Sorry I'm not a car-head but would love to have some advice. We are about to place an order next week on a new Golf Alltrack - TSI Premium. We are considering the Active info display/driver assistance package, and the sport luxury package.
    We have never had a sunroof. I love the look of them but a bit worried about heating up too much in summer, especially as the seats are black leather. Does anyone here have one on their new Alltrack? If so, does it get too hot and/or glary with the sunroof on really warm days?

Really torn between white or grey.

Those who have one already - are you happy with it?
    Hey Kaliani

I love my alltrack tho i have the diesel version not the petrol (main difference is the gearbox you get the 6 speed dq 250 in the petrol and the 7 speed dq381 in the diesel as it has to much torque for the 6 speed)

I have all the options on my alltrack i highly recommend the drivers assistance pack it is a must have( the combination of adaptive cruise which i love to bits! and the active info display is just to good to pass up)

The sunroof is vry nice i tend to leave the covering screen back all the time and have not noticed it getting much hotter than a normal car in the sun all cars tend to heat up quick to 60 deg if left in the sun and the sunroof is tinted so glare is not a issue if i find it getting to hot in summer i will add a heat reflective tint layer to it

The sport package also adds the 18 inch wheels and a few other bits (auto folding mirrors,12 way electric drivers seat) but in the main its the sunroof and wheels your paying for

Don't overlook the infotainment package if you like your music the dynaudio system is fantastic (all the golf r drivers want to retrofit it)
    and the 9.2 inch display is truly classy and good looking get the dealers to show you it in action

As for happy with it yes i am (even tho i am modding the hell out of it lol) it rides vry well (when the dunlops wear out do yourself a favor and get better tyres they are not that great i upgraded to 19 inch rims with a 35 sidewall and its just as smooth if not smoother than the original tyre/wheel setup) i find it drives better when you are in sport mode the steering is sharper and throttle response is better to feels a little dull in normal
    It steers well the seats are vry comfortable seats 5 people ok takes a lot of luggage in the back and really is just a vry nice car to own and drive (have 4000klms on it atm i just drove 3000 miles across america in a cts Cadillac and was wishing i had my alltrack the whole time! ) it puts a smile on my face every time i drive it

I personally would go with white i think it sets off the black cladding around the wheels and body better than the black/gray (except for red which is the best colour for this car of course )

Oh also with the sport/luxury pack the 18 inch wheels look far and away better than the normal 17 inch ones if that is a factor for you the 17,s are vry dull looking imo

Congrats on picking a great car to own post some picks here when you get it so we can oh/ah at it lol
    Last edited by Kachingg; 08-10-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    I agree with Kachingg about the sunroof - I leave the blind open all the time and haven't really noticed it getting too hot. The tinting on it is very effective - when I've driven with the glass open on sunny day I can feel the sting of the sun on the skin but close the glass and it's no problem...and it makes the interior a bright and airy place to be. My friends have enjoyed the view out of it from the back seat at night.

I chose the grey and really like the look of it.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Panoramic sunroof every time! I have a Passat Alltrack and wouldn't ever buy another wagon without a sunroof option Golf Alltrack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Kaliani,
    If it’s s in your budget I’d highly recommend ticking the options as I personally think they really add to the overall ownership of the Alltrack. The pano sunroof is fantastic, really brightens up the black leather interior and when it’s hot, just open it up and vent out all that hot air!. The Active info display.... always thought it was a bit of a gimmick, but wow, couldn’t go back to analog, there is just so much customisation and the amount of info on the one screen is just fantastic. Same said for the 9.2” pro screen, super sharp and a pleasure to use, although while driving being a touch screen can take your concentration off the road. All in all it’s just such a competent vehicle. Have done 3000km on my fully loaded TDI Premium now and haven’t regretted the purchase one bit. Cracking car for the $$.��
    Last edited by Hundwagen; 09-10-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Users Country Flag
    [/URL][/IMG]

New R calipers front and rear

Painted in candy apple gold for my alltrack going to be fitted 1st november with ate ceramic pads and zimmerman crossdrilled rotors

Users Country Flag
    Just keep your eye on the sunroof drains. My son's Alltrack was off the road for nearly four months after being flooded inside due to a single blocked drain tube. Two days after its first dealer service!
    2012 Superb Elegance TSI Sedan- Candy White - Bog Standard!

Good article (and comments) on the pros/cons of a panoramic roof:
    http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/your...anoramic-roof/

Users Country Flag
    they left out one thing - the extra effort keeping all that glass clean Still love mine though!
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    they left out one thing - the extra effort keeping all that glass clean Still love mine though!
    Quite so rooboy lots of glass to clean..

Driving along today with roof open and front windows down who needs a/c?

I agree, can't have a car without the Sunroof now! Love them!!
    Would love it if the hatchbacks had the whole roof as glass and not 1/3! Still love them though!
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast