Thread: Getting the rear view camera to work with trailer assist

Users Country Flag

Getting the rear view camera to work with trailer assist

So With trailer assist and no rear view camera the camera is actually there it just has the video feed loom missing , went to vw and asked if they do just a video feed loom, they don't do any looms that's not supplied with the car, so got the loom out of my camera kit (the loom is for sale on UK eBay for £65) and cut away everything that was not connected to the video feed lead, plugged it in then ran the cable to the mmi, connected the white and black wire to the blue plug, you have to remove the quad lock, pull out the blue plug from the quad lock by moving the little lever that clips it into place, then there's 2 locking covers that you have to flip up (fiddly) and then the pins slot in

Next is the obd11 bit

Camera system rear view
    Long coding
    Then select the long code up in the top right corner
    Scroll along using the green arrows at the bottom of the screen till Byte 7 -parking mode (quer) select the box
    Press and hold the green tick

Infotainment
    long code
    Scroll down to
    byte_19_rear_view_low
    Change to activated

Then reset the discover pro by pressing and holding the on/off button until the screen goes off then back on again saying welcome to Volkswagen

Also noticed the parking sensor screen is transparent (some people are complaining that it's black and can't see 1/4 of the picture)

Hope this helps

Hi

You need Park Assist 3.0 with camera high.

And mib2

Regards

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    What do you mean? I said Descover pro which is MIB2, and trailer assist comes with camera high, it's just not connected to the MIB
    Last edited by Jap; 01-09-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Getting the rear view camera to work with trailer assist

Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    What do you mean?
    Requirements for VW Trailer Assist

YouTube
    Last edited by XaGiCo; 01-09-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I think you may have it the wrong way round, I have trailer assist from factory but not the camera, so I'm just putting out what I did to get the rear view camera working,